Honey Bee Keeping and other pollinators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep a similar chart oof everything I have on my property so I know when the best time too have my solitary bees delivered.
I have to tell you, last year, we had bumblebees beneath the deck. We lived in harmony until canning season and one sting.
I know how wonderful all different bees do so much pollination. The more the better, just not taking over my preparation space!

The bees seemed to have made it through those two freezing nights. Today our friend with 2 hives out back put his bees in. The weather is getting warmer, so that's a good sign. The dandelions and pear blossoms are food for the bees right now.
Our weekly-or every 10 days, bee checks will start soon.
Mite treatment:
The feeders are close to full now but in 7-10 days they'll need to be filled again and the first dose of mite treatment will start. (I'm not sure which kind we'll use just yet.) They'll be 3 treatments this year, one before the honey flows, one immediately after, and one more. Three different formulas. (apivar, a burnable acid smoke, and I can't recall the name of the third one.)
Supers:
After the first mite treatment, then the supers get put on top so the bees have somewhere to put nectar and honey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom