Let's Be Accountable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to repeat something I wrote in another line because for some reason I couldn't find this one.

I sometimes find myself accompanying my husband for an appointment and wind up waiting for usually at least a half hour, sitting in a waiting room, be it medical or for the car. For some reason last year I realized that at the car dealership I could walk the lot in laps. He prefers to wait in the waiting room, and he knows where I am. I did it yesterday, when he was waiting for a medical appointment. I just "did" walking laps around the building. No longer will I be captured by hospitals and car dealerships. I will walk!

I'm going to repeat something I wrote in another line because for some reason I couldn't find this one.

I sometimes find myself accompanying my husband for an appointment and wind up waiting for usually at least a half hour, sitting in a waiting room, be it medical or for the car. For some reason last year I realized that at the car dealership I could walk the lot in laps. He prefers to wait in the waiting room, and he knows where I am. I did it yesterday, when he was waiting for a medical appointment. I just "did" walking laps around the building. No longer will I be captured by hospitals and car dealerships. I will walk!

This is one of those cases that having a cell phone is handy. Your DH can call and let you know that the appointment is over, or even that he is at the cash now.

Walking was my thing for not smoking on my breaks at work. It's been working so far! I can get in a mile on a 15 minute break!

Working out is getting to be a bit of a problem for me. for the past almost decade I've been taking classes at the local hospital. Then the hospital moved out of town, so the half mile or so (actually more like 3/4) each way, I suddenly had to drive. Then the hospital fitness center canceled all but yoga and spin (neither are my thing), and scheduled even those for hours at around 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. So, I'm down to walking, and not doing good at self-discipline.

I thought I'd arranged to meet with a friend who also missed our Monday and Friday 9 a.m. classes to walk. But that isn't working out either. So now my choice is to drive to the next town. I'd walk, but I swear, this year, every time I get dressed and ready to take a walk, it starts to rain.

Claire, you only need yourself to work out. Get a good hat and rain coat. You will be ready to go anytime. I went out today and got soaked in a torrential downpour. After about 5 minutes of feeling stupid( and soaked) I loved being out there. Good luck and happy walking!

Another vote for walking. We try to get in at least 2 miles a day, except in winter (broke an ankle on the ice). I use a recumbent bike/rowing machine for inclement weather. I walk in the rain too, figure I won't melt, unlike my sister, from the West...

Sure helps keep the middle age creep from, er, creeping.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Rock, I know, I know. It is just that suddenly I had a change in pattern, so haven't gotten back in my stride.

:rolleyes:
Walking was my thing for not smoking on my breaks at work. It's been working so far! I can get in a mile on a 15 minute break!

my 85 year old mom started walking 5 miles a day on her last birthday for her health.

we have no idea where she might be now, but i'm sure she must be in good shape.

bah dum dump... crash.

I'm still walking and now riding my bike (when I'm not falling off)...my endurance is increasing nicely.

Let see... mmmm. I ran after my kids, then ran after them some more, went for a walk to get some peace, then rode bikes with them, then cleaned the house, then bathed the kids....etc. Don't think I need anymore exercise..lol!
I ate 2 oranges
1 lemon, half an avocado, 1 tomato, 1 banana in a smoothie, some zucchini, bell peppers, green beans and some onion. I don't really count my fruit and veg per day but you made me think about it for once! Thanks

Thank heaven, our community center started a Zumba class. It's a little earlier than I'm used to (8 a.m. rather than my normal 9), but i forgot how much I love to dance ... really getting into it!

We all just made it back from vacation. NYC & Washington DC. We all ate way to much. Hopefully all the walking burned off a few calories. Back at it first thing monday morning.

The zumba class has been working for me; even lost a few pounds. I think the walk to and from the community hall (I live on a steep hill, it isn't a walk, it is a climb) has really been easily half the workout. I really missed that walk when the hospital moved. Yes, of course I know I can walk any time; I'm just better at walking where I need to go than just walking to get the exercise. I guess I need some outside structure.

Oh, another problem with me and walking? It really is my favorite form of exercise, but I like to exercise to music. I used to have a dozen or two cassette tapes of music I liked to walk to. Then my tape player died and I replaced it with a CD player and bought some CDs that are OK. But they skip like crazy, the player is bulky. I know there are more other types of personal music systems, but I'm having all I can do to simply keep up with the basics in technology. I'm not sure I want to learn how to operate an ipod or whatever. If I could just have something lightweight that didn't skip and was loaded with my kind of music, I'd probably spend more time walking. Our new car came loaded with Sirius/xm and I swear, if I could buy something with channels 4/5/6/7 I'd be in heaven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom