"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #1141
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
This is why I don't own a scale and I turn my back when I get weighed at my doctor's office. I go by if my clothes fit/are too tight. I don't want to get fixated on how much I weigh. I have very large bones, I weigh a lot for a person who wears the size of clothes I wear.
I'm not obsessing over my weight, but I am getting antsy over how I feel. Not fun being light-headed and feeling drunk all the time. That is what is happening with the low blood pressure. I think it's important to remind people who are taking medications to watch themselves carefully and be aware of what could effect their health.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #1142
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I had my 4th swimming lesson tonight. All is going well. Still working on the breathing correctly. I was doing better but tonight just seemed to have more anxiety. talked with instructor & she asked what was going on. I told her about mom living here, we did some unique stetches & deep breathing, I was amazed what a difference it made. Taking a break from lessons for a couple of weeks until we get things figured out here. I will continue to practice. Weight at a standstill now. Still exercising & trying to eat right but no change in the weight. To busy making sure everyone's needs are met lately.
But you know your numbers are getting better and better each day. And aside from the weight, your doctor was very concerned about them also. Just don't forget that Simonbaker needs some attention also. After everyone is settled for the night, head for the bathtub and fill it with hot bubbly water and soak away all your problems you faced that day. Have DH dry you off when you step out. And don't forget that bath dusting powder.

Take some of that dusting powder and sprinkle it on your sheets. A little bit of aromatherapy for you and DH.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #1143
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm not obsessing over my weight, but I am getting antsy over how I feel. Not fun being light-headed and feeling drunk all the time. That is what is happening with the low blood pressure. I think it's important to remind people who are taking medications to watch themselves carefully and be aware of what could effect their health.
when I was 290 pounds I had high blood pressure. After losing my first 50 pounds I started feeling light headed, if I would stand up too fast, I'd feel like I was going to pass out. I started to wean myself off the pills over the course of a couple of weeks. About a month later I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was "on the high side of normal" as she said. I told her that I hadn't taken the pills in about a month, but she told me that I had to start taking them again, I didn't. Now after over 85 pounds lost, my blood pressure is normal. I still take readings every so often to make sure that I'm still on track.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #1144
Chef Extraordinaire

wow 85#'s! Good for you!! I hope to be able to do that too.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #1145
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm down another 3 pounds on weigh-in yesterday. I need to up my calories, I'm losing too fast for my comfort. I want to stick to 2 pounds a week, at this rate I am having problems with my blood pressure going too low and my body isn't adapting to the lower weight like it should.
Hope all goes well for you. You are getting to be to petite & small Keeping you in positive thoughts.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #1146
Chef Extraordinaire

I am not an MD, but I just wanted to say: if you are on meds for high blood pressure, do not change the dose or go off the meds without talking to your dr first.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #1147
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I am not an MD, but I just wanted to say: if you are on meds for high blood pressure, do not change the dose or go off the meds without talking to your dr first.
Absolutely! Some of my meds work to protect my heart and also regulate my blood pressure. I would not want to give up the wrong one that's keeping me from another hear attack. That's why I'm frustrated by trying to reach the cardiologist for help and advice.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #1148
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm not doing well at all. I am having a hard time staying on this diet even though I know it is going to make me healthy. I haven't weighed myself this week (supposed to be Monday) because I am scared I have gained much of it back. I am afraid to eat because things are bad for me and then I go and get something that really IS bad for me.

The rest of you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

I know I will get back on track, I am just having a bad bout of pain and the cold and stress I had before the angiogram have kind of taken their toll. I am really hoping I can get to the pool or some form of exercise soon.

Sorry to sound so down. It really isn't as bad as it might seem, I just want to get back on track again.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #1149
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ditto
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #1150
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Absolutely! Some of my meds work to protect my heart and also regulate my blood pressure. I would not want to give up the wrong one that's keeping me from another hear attack. That's why I'm frustrated by trying to reach the cardiologist for help and advice.
PF I looked up all my meds, printed out the picture, name and what they were for along with other information. Sometimes my pharmacy will change a pill. I notice it right a way and look it up. It is always just a different manufacturer, same med. But the first couple of times this happened, I freaked out. I thought the pharmacy had made a mistake. Now they give me a notice of the change and why. So I remove the old picture and insert the new one. That way I always know what I am taking. I also write down on each sheet the amount and number of doses I take each day.

I wouldn't dare to stop taking my BP meds. Right now I am having an opposite problem with my BP. It plummets for no reason. The doctor did lower the dose and I seem to be doing good with it. But I would never play around with any of my heart or BP meds. My life depends on them.