"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-26-2014, 05:38 AM   #2081
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
I ate ice cream and candy last night. I feel as if I committed murder.
It's not what we do every now and then that shapes our lives, and our butts, it's what we do everyday that counts!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #2082
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
RB, are you saying you feel bad about eating them because of your diet?
Yes. I know what the trigger is and I cannot avoid the trigger.
I have always been one to avoid sweets most my whole life. Never made much fuss over any sweets.
Now as I am a bit older, I guess I got a sweet tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
It's not what we do every now and then that shapes our lives, and our butts, it's what we do everyday that counts!
Thanks Bea. Yep, thankfully I do not do this every day. But it still does bother me for doing it.

I guess it has much to do with my way of keeping myself at a decent weight. I know what puts on the pounds. I know exactly what does it, yet I am still a slave to this desire at least once per week.
Hint: It always happens after boys night out.........

Old 03-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #2083
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm in the middle of a cake order and I am finding I am NOT continually tasting the frosting, or eating cake remnants as I used to. I taste until it is right and then am staying away from it without a lot of conscious effort. This is a huge improvement. I don't really want it. I think my success at the pool and the fact I have little appetite are the major factors in the change.

I am patting myself on the back
And here is another pat for you. You will find that the longer you keep your sugar intake down, the less you will miss it and the less you will be tempted to take a taste. Good work LP. Keep it up!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #2084
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
This still remains an encouragement thread, not a thread for you to tell people that the only thing that works is what you do. Sure talk about your diet, but don't tell others they are stupid for NOT doing what you say.
+1.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #2085
Assistant Cook

I am on the Paleo diet currently. I have already lost about 10 pounds. It is hard to do but I am getting there.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #2086
Chef Extraordinaire

Good for you on your weight loss!! It's a great feeling. It does a ger a little easier as time goes on.

I had deep water aerobics today, just a short 45 mn class.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #2087
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia5 View Post
I am on the Paleo diet currently. I have already lost about 10 pounds. It is hard to do but I am getting there.
Good for you. Just remember you have the whole DC community rooting for you. Go girl!! You can do it!! If SimonBaker can do it, so can you!!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #2088
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Good for you. Just remember you have the whole DC community rooting for you. Go girl!! You can do it!! If SimonBaker can do it, so can you!!
Addie is right!! Fantastic support system here on DC to help you along too!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #2089
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Yes. I know what the trigger is and I cannot avoid the trigger.
I have always been one to avoid sweets most my whole life. Never made much fuss over any sweets.
Now as I am a bit older, I guess I got a sweet tooth.

Thanks Bea. Yep, thankfully I do not do this every day. But it still does bother me for doing it.

I guess it has much to do with my way of keeping myself at a decent weight. I know what puts on the pounds. I know exactly what does it, yet I am still a slave to this desire at least once per week.
Hint: It always happens after boys night out.........
Maybe it would be healthier (mentally) to look at your week as a whole. What I mean is, whatever you are counting, does that one treat derail your eating plan completely or is it just a blip on the radar. Dieting and weight management is about 90% psychological. What seems like a disaster one day, is barely a blip when you take the week as a whole. I would just try to keep blips at a minimum, but allow them here and there. Deprivation is the #1 best way to fail at a diet plan.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #2090
Executive Chef

Quote:
Calories counting has never worked for me in the past. So I don't count calories. I watch my carb intake and lose weight. I don't even follow Atkins to the tee. But I do know how my body works and what works for my body.

RB, I am just using your post as an example. This statement says it all. Everyone has to do what works for their own body. People can suggest what works for them, but in the end, each person has to choose for themselves.

In the past, eating a balanced diet in moderation worked for me. Since I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years ago, that no longer works. I had some high readings lately so I cut way back on carbs. I was shocked to get on the scale this morning and see that I was down 6 lbs. Will I ever eat sweets or carbs again? Yes. Will I beat myself up over it? No. I will just do my best to do what my body needs. My body. Not someone else's.