Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stepped on the scale & I am 40# down from my previous weight in late august.Portion size & exercise it what has done it for me.

You know, I'm starting to lose weight just jumping up and down and cheering for you! Congratulations!:)

Might I suggest a little baked chicken, with garlic, salt, and olive oil rubbed in before baking, with a side of freshly steamed acorn squash, and a refreshing, pre-made salad from the grocery store, sans the generic dressing. Follow this with an eggnog brule', and your favorite beverage. Dinner will be served when you get it cooked. But it's an easy menu. an hour to make it from begging to end, tops.

Or, a bowl of Rice Krispies, with milk and honey is always tasty. I had that three days back, first time in 20 years. I was amazed at how great it tasted.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I will take the bowl of Rice Krispies minus the honey. No sugar please. What I ended up with was a very small strip steak cooked rare in butter. No salt. Just enough to keep me from munching later.

I stepped on the scale & I am 40# down from my previous weight in late august.Portion size & exercise it what has done it for me.

And keeping track of what you eat. It does make you aware of when you go off track. Keep up the good work. And remember everytime you post here of your breakfast or lunch or whatever, I am following your progress. Keep up the good work. Don't you feel better with those 40#'s gone? I am just so proud of you. :angel:

You know, I'm starting to lose weight just jumping up and down and cheering for you! Congratulations!:)
Thank you! You always manage to put a smile on my face no matter what. Thanks to Dawg, & Addie as well, your support is what keeps me going!

Thank you to everyone for all the positive support! My legs are sore tonight so I am taking a break from the gym for 1 night. Keeping my meals between 300-400 calories is getting easier. Looking at it as a total lifestyle change that I can live with.

Thank you to everyone for all the positive support! My legs are sore tonight so I am taking a break from the gym for 1 night. Keeping my meals between 300-400 calories is getting easier. Looking at it as a total lifestyle change that I can live with.

SB, you know you have a big cheering squad and support group here! We just love success stories, and you are doing great!

I miss the days when I could literally eat whatever I wanted in whatever portions i felt like. Those days ended when I was 19 and I realized the larger size pants I bought didn't fit me anymore. Once I started paying attention, I got back down to a size 3/4 pretty easily, and I got rid of all the 5/6 pants. Ever since, I've used my pants as a monitor for my weight. Pants are tight=better watch what goes in your mouth, or you are going to look like a stuffed sausage, and be uncomfortable all day. Unfortunately, my pants are getting tight faster, and it's getting harder and harder to get back into the comfy loose jeans stage. Man it sucks getting older! It is so hard to be consistent with eating healthy. Kudos to all the people that have to do it for months at a time to lose large amounts of weight. 5-10 lb is hard enough! Every time I get back down to "pants are loose" I tell myself I'm going to keep eating healthy, with a treat now and then, so that I don't have to do another calorie restriction phase, but it just doesn't happen. Yesterday was my first day of yet another calorie restricting phase. Egg white for breakfast, turkey sandwich and raw veggies for lunch, and planning stir fry for dinner, with no rice, and no egg roll. Bf made cheesecake the other night, but luckily it wasn't too hard to resist because it was just jello no bake stuff. Good thing he didn't just bring home the ingredients for cheesecake, cuz I would have made one, and then I would have had to have a piece!

I miss the days when I could literally eat whatever I wanted in whatever portions i felt like. Those days ended when I was 19 and I realized the larger size pants I bought didn't fit me anymore. Once I started paying attention, I got back down to a size 3/4 pretty easily, and I got rid of all the 5/6 pants. Ever since, I've used my pants as a monitor for my weight. Pants are tight=better watch what goes in your mouth, or you are going to look like a stuffed sausage, and be uncomfortable all day. Unfortunately, my pants are getting tight faster, and it's getting harder and harder to get back into the comfy loose jeans stage. Man it sucks getting older! It is so hard to be consistent with eating healthy. Kudos to all the people that have to do it for months at a time to lose large amounts of weight. 5-10 lb is hard enough! Every time I get back down to "pants are loose" I tell myself I'm going to keep eating healthy, with a treat now and then, so that I don't have to do another calorie restriction phase, but it just doesn't happen. Yesterday was my first day of yet another calorie restricting phase. Egg white for breakfast, turkey sandwich and raw veggies for lunch, and planning stir fry for dinner, with no rice, and no egg roll. Bf made cheesecake the other night, but luckily it wasn't too hard to resist because it was just jello no bake stuff. Good thing he didn't just bring home the ingredients for cheesecake, cuz I would have made one, and then I would have had to have a piece!

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Many woman are vitamin D and B12 deficient.
Adding a vitamin D and B12 supplement to your diet will aid weight loss.
Cranberry extract is also great for weight loss. Just drink lots of water too.
I started gaining a bit of weight after turning 30 and since taking my vitamin D and cranberry I have lost it again.

Last edited:
Another thing that changes as we get older is bowel movements. Yip, I said it. The older we get the more constipated we get lol!
This too can cause weight gain. An easy way to solve this is by adding a tablespoon of ground flaxeed to your cereal, porridge or yogurt. I sometimes even sprinkle it on my toast. Taste yummy and it has the added benefit of speeding up your motabolism.
My kids love it in vanilla yogurt and on peanut butter toast.

The older you get, the harder it is to lose the weight. for women, menopause just makes it harder.

For me, I have the unfortunate ability to just not eat. I don't get hunger pangs, so food doesn't look that good to me. You can give me a box of chocolates and they will just sit there. My taste buds work fine, but my tummy has no desire to have them in there. I love to cook. for everyone else, but not myself. The only time I really can enjoy food if I go out to a restaurant. And not a fancy one. A Denny's will do. But going out for every meal is expensive. The surgery I had giving me this problem saved my life. Literally! Had they waited a few more hours, I would not be here. But I have often wondered, what kind of life has it given me. The most essential part of living, and I can't seem to enjoy it like other folks. My enjoyment with food comes from making them happy.

I get more enjoyment out of sewing, reading and other activities along with cooking and feeding other folks. For those that know me, they give me a salad plate when I eat at their home. A spoon of this, a little of that, and the rest, no thanks. The one big thing that turns me off eating right away is to see someone pile there plate up really high. How in heavens name can anyone eat that much food in one sitting and go for seconds. My SIL can. And he doesn't gain weight. :angel:

I think the big difference for me this time around is that I know for a fact the food I shouldn't eat makes me sick and not having it makes me feel better. I am finding it a lot easier to stick to the diet even with it being so strict and this being the time of year when there is so much temptation out there.

I just came back from a Christmas lunch from TB's work and the food is always incredible there - all home made. I skipped the buns, grabbed a heaping pile of salad (no dressing), passed up the carrots/corn/peas as they are all no-nos for now, said no to the stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams with marshmallows and ham, and went straight to the turkey, no gravy please! And I felt subserviently fed and not deprived. Of course I never looked at the other side of the room where the dessert tables were :angel: That might be too tempting!

My body is feeling better already. I don't weigh in again until Monday, but I can feel a difference already!

Good for you. So often I will eat something just to be polite. I have to stop doing that. It just usets my stomach. You have more fortitude than I have. I used to tell folks "No thanks, I am allergic to that." I need to strt doing that again. Keep up the good work. :angel:

The older you get, the harder it is to lose the weight. for women, menopause just makes it harder.

For me, I have the unfortunate ability to just not eat. I don't get hunger pangs, so food doesn't look that good to me. You can give me a box of chocolates and they will just sit there. My taste buds work fine, but my tummy has no desire to have them in there. I love to cook. for everyone else, but not myself. The only time I really can enjoy food if I go out to a restaurant. And not a fancy one. A Denny's will do. But going out for every meal is expensive. The surgery I had giving me this problem saved my life. Literally! Had they waited a few more hours, I would not be here. But I have often wondered, what kind of life has it given me. The most essential part of living, and I can't seem to enjoy it like other folks. My enjoyment with food comes from making them happy.

I get more enjoyment out of sewing, reading and other activities along with cooking and feeding other folks. For those that know me, they give me a salad plate when I eat at their home. A spoon of this, a little of that, and the rest, no thanks. The one big thing that turns me off eating right away is to see someone pile there plate up really high. How in heavens name can anyone eat that much food in one sitting and go for seconds. My SIL can. And he doesn't gain weight. :angel:
:angel:Addie, you have heard that old saying I say it about my grandsons Cade and Carson, they eat to live not live to eat. Food just does not matter, they just hurry through it and are off and running again. Life is that way for some. You are a lot like me cooking for my family is more important than eating it for me. But boy watching my sons makes me so happy. I adore cooking for them and my DH.
Life is sure funny that way.:angel::angel:
kades

Back
Top Bottom