"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #481
Senior Cook

There is something strange that happened to me this week! I will start from the beginning. I started my diet since last February. I was 182 Ibs. I am not complaining of any disease, I am only doing this diet to look fit. I am 32 years old. I was following a diet that I planned for myself. It depends on eating lots of fruits and veggies with a piece of meat, chicken or fish at dinner and very low carbs. I had the same meals over and over day after day until I got super bored. On Thursday I used to dine out and eat anything with no restrictions. I lost 17 Ibs. in about 2 months and remained the same weight for 2 more months until last week. This week I decided to change my breakfast to 1 hard boiled egg with one bran toast instead of 2 bran toast with 1 teaspoon of low fat cream cheese. My lunch and dinner is still the same. Fortunately I lost 4 pounds in one week and I am still loosing more. I feel very happy.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #482
Senior Cook

I am down 45 lbs since February. I lost about 30 lbs right off the bat then plateaued for 3 months. Now I am hitting it hard again and have lost another 15 since July. I figured I have about 25 lbs left to get high school skinny again. :)

I walk/run 3-3.5 miles every morning then do it again at night after dinner. Holding calories at 1500 or under and carbs under 100 grams. I also take a daily vitamin and 2000 mg of vitamin C to help regulate blood sugar.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #483
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpandstir View Post
I am down 45 lbs since February. I lost about 30 lbs right off the bat then plateaued for 3 months. Now I am hitting it hard again and have lost another 15 since July. I figured I have about 25 lbs left to get high school skinny again. :)

I walk/run 3-3.5 miles every morning then do it again at night after dinner. Holding calories at 1500 or under and carbs under 100 grams. I also take a daily vitamin and 2000 mg of vitamin C to help regulate blood sugar.
Congratulations on your loss!! I am in the same situation as you. I also lost 30# in a short time. I am now in the plateau stage. It gets discouraging at times & I think what the heck I can just as well it it anyway. I am getting back into healthy eating but I need to put more concentration on exercise.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #484
Executive Chef

depends on how you are defining "trying". :)
Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #485
Cook

I cut out coffee and soda and now drink only green tea and water.

I started losing weight without changing any of my actual eating habits.

Thing is, I'm fuller quicker.

I guess all that coffee and soda just stretched me out or something.

*not actually a hero
NotActuallyaHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #486
Certified Cake Maniac

With my Dad taking sick again and being in hospital, convalescent care and needing more of me at home, I have not been able to do much. I have gained all ten pounds, am sluggish and don't have the muscle tone on my legs and stomach that I worked so hard to get.

It's not Dad's fault, just worked out that way. Anyway, I am hoping to go back to the pool tomorrow.

And I get a lot of encouragement here.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #487
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
With my Dad taking sick again and being in hospital, convalescent care and needing more of me at home, I have not been able to do much. I have gained all ten pounds, am sluggish and don't have the muscle tone on my legs and stomach that I worked so hard to get.

It's not Dad's fault, just worked out that way. Anyway, I am hoping to go back to the pool tomorrow.

It's time for some you time and maybe even some time for that fella you married.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #488
Master Chef

Quote:

It's definitely a full time job!

It seems like we all spend the first half of our life tearing our bodies apart and the second half trying to glue them back together.

All you can do is hang in there and keep trying!

One foot in front of the other.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #489
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Tomorrow is a new day for a fresh start. Sometimes "life" can get in the way of taking care of ourselves. It just shows what a giving & caring person you are. Don't give up, you can do this!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #490
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's time for some you time and maybe even some time for that fella you married.
Yep, on both counts! I have a doctor's appointment in Vancouver Wednesday, actually an assessment meeting at the pain clinic which I have been waiting two years for. I have informed Dad I have getting a care worker in for his lunch. I am hoping that leads to him realizing this could/should be a regular thing.

As for DH, it is his birthday Friday and our 10th anniversary on September 1st (also the 20th anniversary of the day we met for five minutes in the middle of nowhere ).

I have lots of good plans! The Y is the start of it - me time to the max!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote