Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my blood tests, doctor stuff back. Good news! In 4 months my cholesterol went from 268 to 171, & my glucose from 126 to 106. Those were the main 2 I was the most concerned about, oh yeah, then my weight, from 285# to 241#. I still have a ways to go but I am feeling so much better. I am happy to report that I am out of the "high risk" for a stroke. Thanks to everyone at DC for all the wonderful support!! I could not have done it without all of you!!!

what great news, sb-- great christmas present, thanks to a great effort by you!
this is a wonderful way for you to begin your holiday celebrations, and the new year, 2013, especially!! (big grin)

I got my blood tests, doctor stuff back. Good news! In 4 months my cholesterol went from 268 to 171, & my glucose from 126 to 106. Those were the main 2 I was the most concerned about, oh yeah, then my weight, from 285# to 241#. I still have a ways to go but I am feeling so much better. I am happy to report that I am out of the "high risk" for a stroke. Thanks to everyone at DC for all the wonderful support!! I could not have done it without all of you!!!

Yay!!!! You did it! I am so proud of you!

Oh I am so very proud of you SB!!! We knew you could do it!:clap: I know it is not easy but since you have all this progress it should give you that much more strength, energy and incentive to soldier on through the next phase. Don't forget to tell us your lows too - we are here to praise you and to lift you up!:)

Okay, my news. A lot of the doubt and tears were because I was missing my thyroid medication - it isn't prescription but obviously is doing something for me. My depression was at an all time low yesterday and I was trying to get things ready for today's Christmas party with TB's family. I was hungry but afraid to eat things in fear they were bad for me. Finally I figured out the medication, TB ran to the store and a few hours after I took some I calmly finished the dreaded crochet slippers.

I also got my wedding rings back on for the first time in about 6 months. There is no point in having them sized because my fingers go up and down like a yo-yo. I just wear them around my neck when I can't get them on my finger.

Finally, I needed some clothes to wear as we were going out for tacos and some shopping. My jeans all have stretch to them but my usual ones are falling off me. So on a whim I tried my "thin" pair. They are a size 16 and while they were form fitting they were completely comfortable!!!!!:angel: So I took an early weigh-in and I am at 203!!!!! I can't believe I make break the 200 barrier before the end of the year!:LOL::LOL:

And I have all of you to thank for this. Your own successes and encouragement have been keeping me going.

Sounds like this is going to be a stellar Christmas for everyone. Congratulations for a job well done. Christmas came early for all of you. We are all so pround. :angel:

Oh no!! I've lost 6 pounds in a week...I was trying to hold onto this until it counted in January. I better go eat that box of cookies...

Thanks, LP!:)

I lost all my weight last year at Christmas time...and hit a plateau during our Biggest Loser contest. Kinda frustrating.:wacko:

Okay, my news. A lot of the doubt and tears were because I was missing my thyroid medication - it isn't prescription but obviously is doing something for me. My depression was at an all time low yesterday and I was trying to get things ready for today's Christmas party with TB's family. I was hungry but afraid to eat things in fear they were bad for me. Finally I figured out the medication, TB ran to the store and a few hours after I took some I calmly finished the dreaded crochet slippers.

I also got my wedding rings back on for the first time in about 6 months. There is no point in having them sized because my fingers go up and down like a yo-yo. I just wear them around my neck when I can't get them on my finger.

Finally, I needed some clothes to wear as we were going out for tacos and some shopping. My jeans all have stretch to them but my usual ones are falling off me. So on a whim I tried my "thin" pair. They are a size 16 and while they were form fitting they were completely comfortable!!!!!:angel: So I took an early weigh-in and I am at 203!!!!! I can't believe I make break the 200 barrier before the end of the year!:LOL::LOL:

And I have all of you to thank for this. Your own successes and encouragement have been keeping me going.
Wow ! Good for you!! It's wonderfull you are so close to getting under the big "clunck" on the scale. That is a real landmark, watch out because I will be right behind you sometime soon......

What a great way to start 2013!!

Wow, it's been awhile for this thread!

I was disappointed when I did my weigh-in on December 31st and found I had gained 3 pounds. I wasn't sure why as I was on my diet, and I didn't let it get to me. I had just really hoped to be under 200 by the new year. I was feeling so rotten from not eating much so I decided to put some of the lesser items back in (mostly beef and some potatoes) to fill me up and not worry about the weight.

So, I was not expecting much when I weighed in on Monday. To my surprise, I re-lost the 3 pounds and am back to an even 200! I also feel better so I think it was probably fluid which flares up my chronic pain from the pressure.

I will be eating soft foods for another week until the dentist can put in the post and take the impressions of my tooth for my crown. So I will try to be careful to balance my intolerances with nutrition. I find my coconut milk based soups are good and filling, and with all the veggies I pack in them, very healthy!

I am hoping to get to the pool soon; however, I am having difficulty setting up my rides. The times for the pool walking lanes are 6 am to 9 am, which are the busiest times for the accessibility buses in the morning and even being married to a driver doesn't help. ;) Once I get it set up and get a spot on a bus I will be okay.

How is everyone else doing?

This is my first post in this thread. I decided several months ago after Princess did her blood sugar test on HFCS to try to limit that in my diet. My middle sister was diagnosed with diabetes last year so I figured it could only help. The main thing I did was to cut back on the amount of soda pop I drink. I haven't eliminated it all together but try to keep it to 2 servings a week max. I also went from the large dinner plate to the small dinner plate for my meals to help with portion control. I've managed to lose almost 15 lbs and can fit into jeans that have been stowed away for so many years I can't remember the last time I wore them. Now with the wedding coming up in Nov. I'm hoping to drop even more weight before then. I know I won't be svelte (I've NEVER been that!) but another dress size smaller would be wonderful.

That's awesome Jabbur!

I'm trying to reduce refined sugar in my diet, I'll never eliminate it completely, but if I can cut it down, I'll be better off. I will still use it in baking, but that's not an everyday food.

Dumped the HFCS quite a while ago, and quit artificial sweeteners almost a year ago. If I need a no calorie sweetener, I use stevia extract powder (not the packets). I've been buying Natural Bliss vanilla creamer for coffee, but I'm going to try to switch to half and half, a lot less calories, and no sugar. I figure that little changes are best to start with.

yayy, jabbur! fifteen big pounds off and weighing in After all the indulgent holidays, too! that's a remarkable achievement, and you are way ahead of the pack, heading toward spring. you have the ideal opportunity to custom-chisel your curves even further for november's wedding--whose wedding, byw? are you getting married, yourself? sorry for not keeping up with events better....

Yay Jabbur! :clap::flowers: When I hit the 15 pound mark in December I was ecstatic! You should be very proud of yourself, specially, as Vit says over the holidays! I am very proud of you for sure! Keep up the good work and stop by here often to let us know how you are doing and more importantly if you need some support and/or encouragement!:)

Vit, her son is getting married! :)

There's a lot there to lose! At my heaviest I was 335lbs! Yikes! This morning I'm down to 310. Hope to get below 300 for the first time in 20 years. I've been hanging around 325 the last year. My downfall is starches. I love any kind of bread or potatoes. I like salty over sweet although I do enjoy my chocolate. Just cutting back the amounts seems to have done something. I'm not counting carbs or anything else. Just watching how much of something I eat.

There's a lot there to lose! At my heaviest I was 335lbs! Yikes! This morning I'm down to 310. Hope to get below 300 for the first time in 20 years. I've been hanging around 325 the last year. My downfall is starches. I love any kind of bread or potatoes. I like salty over sweet although I do enjoy my chocolate. Just cutting back the amounts seems to have done something. I'm not counting carbs or anything else. Just watching how much of something I eat.
Good for you losing 25# You should be very proud!! :) Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep up the good work. Are you getting some kind of exercise with your eating plan? Start small, just walking for 15-20 mn. is a great start. Originally I was at 317# at my highest weight. I got down to 285# & stayed there for quite some time. The doctor gave me a real wake-up call to get my medical numbers down as they were off the charts high. I continue to work on it. I love the pool, started with just water walking which helped my knees quite a bit, couldn't believe at first that it was even exercise, but it has helped take more pounds off. I have had a slight relapse over the holidays, I have gained 4 # back. I am determined to continue to lose more weight. It is a definite lifestyle change but well worth it!

Wow, it's been awhile for this thread!

I was disappointed when I did my weigh-in on December 31st and found I had gained 3 pounds. I wasn't sure why as I was on my diet, and I didn't let it get to me. I had just really hoped to be under 200 by the new year. I was feeling so rotten from not eating much so I decided to put some of the lesser items back in (mostly beef and some potatoes) to fill me up and not worry about the weight.

So, I was not expecting much when I weighed in on Monday. To my surprise, I re-lost the 3 pounds and am back to an even 200! I also feel better so I think it was probably fluid which flares up my chronic pain from the pressure.

I will be eating soft foods for another week until the dentist can put in the post and take the impressions of my tooth for my crown. So I will try to be careful to balance my intolerances with nutrition. I find my coconut milk based soups are good and filling, and with all the veggies I pack in them, very healthy!

I am hoping to get to the pool soon; however, I am having difficulty setting up my rides. The times for the pool walking lanes are 6 am to 9 am, which are the busiest times for the accessibility buses in the morning and even being married to a driver doesn't help. ;) Once I get it set up and get a spot on a bus I will be okay.

How is everyone else doing?
Good for you re-losing that 3#!! You are so very close to getting under that big "klunck" on the scale. I am a long ways off from that but it's a goal that I have in sight. My minor set back over the holidays was a 4# weight gain. I start swimming lessons this thursday, I'm still lovin the pool unfortunately I'm still lovin the junk food too.

This is my first post in this thread. I decided several months ago after Princess did her blood sugar test on HFCS to try to limit that in my diet. My middle sister was diagnosed with diabetes last year so I figured it could only help. The main thing I did was to cut back on the amount of soda pop I drink. I haven't eliminated it all together but try to keep it to 2 servings a week max. I also went from the large dinner plate to the small dinner plate for my meals to help with portion control. I've managed to lose almost 15 lbs and can fit into jeans that have been stowed away for so many years I can't remember the last time I wore them. Now with the wedding coming up in Nov. I'm hoping to drop even more weight before then. I know I won't be svelte (I've NEVER been that!) but another dress size smaller would be wonderful.

Jabbur, you have no idea how glad this makes my heart to know that my little experiment made that type of change in your life! Thanks for letting me know and I am so excited for you. Good start!

We did my weigh in today and I managed to lose 3 pounds trying to not lose weight.:LOL: I had a 30 minute walk after work. Still trying to get a gym membership, it's too cold outside for strenuous walking.

Back
Top Bottom