Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much for the encouragement! I think I may have over-did a bit this afternoon. I swam a mile in the pool (36 laps) it took me a long time (90 minutes), I'm feeling like a truck ran over me tonight.

Slow down little grasshopper. You have the rest of your life to get back to where you were before the surgery. :angel:

Slow down little grasshopper. You have the rest of your life to get back to where you were before the surgery. :angel:
Dh was giving me a hard time when I got home, I was pretty tired. Thing is, I have a 35 year class reunion over labor day weekend. Alot of people I have not seen in a long time.......I need to get in better shape.

Glad you found this thread! We are all about encouraging each other here.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the injuries weren't too serious. Remember to start back slowly. And don't be too hard on yourself. Before you know it you will be right back where you were.

I look forward to hearing your progress, and any challenges - believe me, all of us here have gone through both!

I got totally sidetracked from this forum... stumbled upon it today in my bookmarks, hopefully I'll be more frequent!

Anyways, onto the progress. Turns out during the course of recovering from my injury I put on nearly 20 pounds (yeesh). However, I can say that for about a month and a half now I have been able to exercise regularly with little to no pain/resistance. In the last 3 weeks I have lost about 3 pounds and have been watching what I've been eating. I'll be back to "tip top" shape in a few more months... unless of course something bad happens again

*knocks on wood*

Sounds like you have a good start and will lose that weight and get back in shape in no time.

I am starting water aerobics today. Should be interesting. I found a friend that also wants to go, so that is nice.

Hi. My name is Roch and I have a beer belly.:pig:

Started to walk again. I would like to drop around 20lbs. This apartment living hasn't been agreeing with me, I guess. Lots of sitting around in the evenings. Going to cut back on the hi cal meals and carbs....

I have been searching around the internet for hiking/walking trails in my area. Just got back from one a few minutes ago. Great little 5 k walk meandering through a small village country roads, wetlands and a very old cemetary.

Hi. My name is Roch and I have a beer belly.:pig:

Started to walk again. I would like to drop around 20lbs. This apartment living hasn't been agreeing with me, I guess. Lots of sitting around in the evenings. Going to cut back on the hi cal meals and carbs....

I have been searching around the internet for hiking/walking trails in my area. Just got back from one a few minutes ago. Great little 5 k walk meandering through a small village country roads, wetlands and a very old cemetary.

You haven't started drinking that green stuff again have you? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Walking the cemeteries in this area is one of my favorite activities!

Good luck!

You haven't started drinking that green stuff again have you? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Walking the cemeteries in this area is one of my favorite activities!

Good luck!
Not yet. That's coming.:LOL: I am still on the morning smooties, though. Usually frozen fruit, bananas and yougurt with skim milk. I do well for most of the day, but it is usually the big dinner washed down with a few beers and netflix that is getting me....Once an avid jogger, I don't do much any more. I love hiking. But, like I said, my after work activities dampen any desire to get out in the evenings....:angel:

Glad you had a nice hike Rock! I really like hiking in the mountains, and don't do that nearly enough.

Last weekend I did a 22 mile bike ride. It is a big ride that starts at the Garden of the Gods and then through Colorado Springs and then back through the Garden of the Gods again. If you have ever been to Colorado Springs, you would know how much of a climb those hills in the park can be. Anyway, the ride is at night with about 1000 people in attendance. We have done it for years.

Today I started my water aerobics classes. What an easy way to get exercise! I loved it! I will be doing that again. The first time was free to see if you like it. I can get a pass for 12 times for 25 dollars! Never dreamed it would be so cheap! I will be going two times a week I think on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

So far since Feb. 25th I have lost 22 pounds. I am in pretty good shape, but need to keep working, and have quite a bit of weight yet to lose. :wacko:

Glad you had a nice hike Rock! I really like hiking in the mountains, and don't do that nearly enough.

Last weekend I did a 22 mile bike ride. It is a big ride that starts at the Garden of the Gods and then through Colorado Springs and then back through the Garden of the Gods again. If you have ever been to Colorado Springs, you would know how much of a climb those hills in the park can be. Anyway, the ride is at night with about 1000 people in attendance. We have done it for years.

Today I started my water aerobics classes. What an easy way to get exercise! I loved it! I will be doing that again. The first time was free to see if you like it. I can get a pass for 12 times for 25 dollars! Never dreamed it would be so cheap! I will be going two times a week I think on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

So far since Feb. 25th I have lost 22 pounds. I am in pretty good shape, but need to keep working, and have quite a bit of weight yet to lose. :wacko:

Amazing, you go girl!

It sounds like you are training for the Iron Girl Triathlon. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Athleta Iron Girl Syracuse Women's Triathlon. Embracing seasoned athletes and novices alike, this event features a (600 meter Swim - 30K Bike - 5K Run).

Amazing, you go girl!

It sounds like you are training for the Iron Girl Triathlon. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Athleta Iron Girl Syracuse Women's Triathlon. Embracing seasoned athletes and novices alike, this event features a (600 meter Swim - 30K Bike - 5K Run).

You are too funny! I'm not a sissy! I used to do all of these things before I started hurting everywhere and gaining weight. I am now on oxygen at night because my oxygen levels go below 85% when I sleep. I know it sounds silly, but I think that is what was causing most of my problems. It is good to be me again. I still have some knee pain, but I can walk and sleep. Life is good! And...by the way, I don't run any more, so I'm not training for that!

Last edited:
Toe is healed, Shoulder is good...Relay is tomorrow night, I'll be walking all night, I'm sure I will stop here and there. Hopefully nothing else will happen between now and October ...when I plan on having the other toe "fixed". I've quit worrying about my weight, the more I worry, the more I gain, if I just ignore it, it will take care of itself.

I've quit worrying about my weight, the more I worry, the more I gain, if I just ignore it, it will take care of itself.

It can be very frustrating!

I lost approx. 34 pounds since the first of the year and now I am gaining or staying at the same weight. I am just trying to plod through it by staying on the same basic lo carb eating plan that I have been using.

I am also trying to incorporate some mild exercise into the daily routine.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It can be very frustrating!

I lost approx. 34 pounds since the first of the year and now I am gaining or staying at the same weight. I am just trying to plod through it by staying on the same basic lo carb eating plan that I have been using.

I am also trying to incorporate some mild exercise into the daily routine.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Great weight loss Aunt Bea! Since I quit messing/worrying about it, I have lost 5 pounds.

I don't worry about it anymore either. As long as I don't gain, I am fine. I have such terrible eating habits. I had a small bowl of vanilla ice cream for breakfast. And I probably won't eat until late tonight. I wouldn't care if I never ate again. I don't get hunger pains. And the only reason I eat is for the nutritional value. :angel:

Aunt Bea,
You may want to start adding in a "fatter day" each week. I find that when I rename Saturday to fatter day, and eat more carbs (healthy ones, but things I wouldn't normally eat on my low carb diet-like whole wheat bread or an oatmeal cookie) that I tend to lose more weight. I still watch the portions, but allow myself a little of the forbidden things. I'm not sure why this is, but when a friend told me about it, I tried it and it works!

PF, have a wonderful time on your walk tonight. My niece does that too, and we always give to the cause when she does. She has so much fun with her friends and co workers on that night. She talks about it for months. She also buys an illuminary in honor of my son (her cousin) and carries that for that lap.

Aunt Bea,
You may want to start adding in a "fatter day" each week. I find that when I rename Saturday to fatter day, and eat more carbs (healthy ones, but things I wouldn't normally eat on my low carb diet-like whole wheat bread or an oatmeal cookie) that I tend to lose more weight. I still watch the portions, but allow myself a little of the forbidden things. I'm not sure why this is, but when a friend told me about it, I tried it and it works!

I think that can be a good idea. I tend to eat the same things day after day and my body gets used to it. When you shake things up a little I think it stimulates your metabolism.

I wonder if Hallmark has a card for Fatter Day! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think that can be a good idea. I tend to eat the same things day after day and my body gets used to it. When you shake things up a little I think it stimulates your metabolism.

I wonder if Hallmark has a card for Fatter Day! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I thought you would like that! :ROFLMAO:

I am toasting to you right now with my cup of tea! Go Aunt Bea! You can do this! Lets see that scale go back down by having a Fatter Day this weekend! If there was a card, I would send you one! :LOL:

PF, have a wonderful time on your walk tonight. My niece does that too, and we always give to the cause when she does. She has so much fun with her friends and co workers on that night. She talks about it for months. She also buys an illuminary in honor of my son (her cousin) and carries that for that lap.

We have 4 luminarias, My Mom (Breast and Ovarian), Shrek (Bladder), Me (Breast and Ovarian) and our Daughter-In-Law who died from Lymphoma almost 20 years ago.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Back
Top Bottom