Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww Ads, it is a shame you cant do any of that anymore, but like you say, it is not good for you to do it in your situation

How is your daughter going?

Awww Ads, it is a shame you cant do any of that anymore, but like you say, it is not good for you to do it in your situation

How is your daughter going?

She went to see her oncologist this past week. The tumor has gone down more and the swelling of her brain has finally subsided completely. Her last chemo will be in October. If there is any of the tumor left they will go in and remove it. But they have high hopes that the tumor will be gone by then. This is the best news I have had for a year. :angel:

Ads, I really am ever so happy for you :)

That really is fabulous news, it sounds like it is certainly going and hopefully it will all be gone by the time she has her last chemo session...great news!

Ads, I really am ever so happy for you :)

That really is fabulous news, it sounds like it is certainly going and hopefully it will all be gone by the time she has her last chemo session...great news!

Thank you. It looks like all those angels have been really watching over her. I am so grateful to everyone here in DC. I don't know how I would have handled all of this without a place like DC to come to. It has been a lifeline for me. It is a place I can come to so that I don't think of her plight for 24 hours. :angel:

She went to see her oncologist this past week. The tumor has gone down more and the swelling of her brain has finally subsided completely. Her last chemo will be in October. If there is any of the tumor left they will go in and remove it. But they have high hopes that the tumor will be gone by then. This is the best news I have had for a year. :angel:

Excellent news, Addie! Wow, who would have thought?

w00t!
:angel::angel:

Thank you everyone. When my SIL told me, I started to shake and cry. It has been a long haul. We are almost at the end of the road. :angel:

It is just so good...you and your family must be so relieved...I am so pleased you all got through it :)

The power of prayer! So happy to hear that Addie! I'll tell Harriet and Myrtle in the morning. They've been asking how your daughter was doing. Really--they talk to me.

Thank you everyone. When my SIL told me, I started to shake and cry. It has been a long haul. We are almost at the end of the road. :angel:
I am so happy to hear the wonderful news Addie! I will continue to keep you & your daughter in my prayers. Prayers of healing, strength & thankfulness. Take care!:angel::angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a quintuplet bypass surgery on my heart. Two of the bypasses failed shortly after the surgery. I miss taking long walks. I miss not be able to be as active as I used to be. I would love to take up bike riding again. But all that is to be no more. Not if I want to stay alive long enough to see my daughter beat her present health problem. :angel:

Addie, I am so glad you received good news about your daughter! That's wonderful!

My bypass surgery was quadruple with one failing afterward. I still do my exercising, but at my pace. People who don't know my story would say I am not exercising, but it is what I can do at the speed at which I can do it. That's why I prefer to exercise in my own home. No one judging me. One time when I was still working I was walking up the stairs and a man said "If you walk up the stairs any slower you will be going backwards." Within a week I was in the hospital. Sometimes people just don't realize what they're saying when they don't know the circumstances.

Addis I am so glad to hear about your daughter. That is wonderful news. I will keep her, and you in my prayers.

My new asthma medication is bloating me up and giving me no appetite. I am trying to eat healthy with my nutri blasts in the morning and protein with salads for the other two meals. But there is no point in weighing myself because of the bloating.

I am hoping to make it to the YMCA tomorrow to sign up. I am very excited about this step. I was more comfortable there than the rec centre

Addis I am so glad to hear about your daughter. That is wonderful news. I will keep her, and you in my prayers.

My new asthma medication is bloating me up and giving me no appetite. I am trying to eat healthy with my nutri blasts in the morning and protein with salads for the other two meals. But there is no point in weighing myself because of the bloating.

I am hoping to make it to the YMCA tomorrow to sign up. I am very excited about this step. I was more comfortable there than the rec centre

I'm excited for you too about the YMCA. You need to be where you are comfortable. If you wait awhile to weigh, I am sure you will see a difference even with the asthma meds messing things up. Good luck!

Deep water aerobics tonight. I stepped on the scale after class & it said that I gained 9 lbs in 2.5 days~! I sure hope that is not right! I ate some different foods & had a few extra drinks over the weekend but didn't think I had done that bad!!

Deep water aerobics tonight. I stepped on the scale after class & it said that I gained 9 lbs in 2.5 days~! I sure hope that is not right! I ate some different foods & had a few extra drinks over the weekend but didn't think I had done that bad!!

I bet it's mostly water weight from all the wonderful food you had with salt in it. Flush yourself with plenty of water.

I sure hope that is the case! I will be drinking a lot of water this week! We start vacation this Friday through next Friday, I need to get a handle on this now!

I sure hope that is the case! I will be drinking a lot of water this week! We start vacation this Friday through next Friday, I need to get a handle on this now!

I suspect the scale might be off. You'd have to be eating constantly in order to gain that much in 2 days.

Try changing up your water with iced tea, any kind. I like hibiscus, Celestial Seasonings are all good. Any of it is a mild diuretic.

The power of prayer! So happy to hear that Addie! I'll tell Harriet and Myrtle in the morning. They've been asking how your daughter was doing. Really--they talk to me.

I believe you. You know you don't have to convince me. Have they become little mommas yet? I miss hearing about them and their activities. Please tell them I said "coo, coo." And please thank them for me for their concern and prayers. :angel:

SB, I go to Winthrop and the scales show 140#'s. I get home just an hour later and my scale says 145. I trust Winthrop more than my own. Don't get discouraged. Pick one scale and only take that one as your gospel scale. I would choose your doctor's scale. Just for the heck of it, ask you doctor how often he has his scale calibrated. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom