Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was an exchange student in Germany, we went to East Berlin. We had to spend a certain amount of East German Marks. We bought chocolate from the Soviet Union. It wasn't very good chocolate, as I recall.

Onto the weight loss issue. Since having changed when I eat my big meal (breakfast) and how I eat (June 2012), I have now officially "shrunk" three sizes. My size 10 pants are too big, and the size 8s are comfortable. I hope to plateau at some point. I can't afford new clothes. I don't have any size 6s in the closet.
Good for you! I am still celebrating getting down to a 14-16 size from a 26-28 size. Looking forward to getting down to those single didgets!

I'm excited because I am shrinking into the clothes I have. I have now dumped 20 lbs.:w00t2: However, I am now at the weight I was when I had my heart attack. 20 more, tough ones, to go! I may not HAVE to buy new clothes for my trip in November.
Congratulations!

Congrats to both of you (SB and PF)!!!! I have a doctor's appointment in October. I think I'll have to step on the scale to figure out how much weight I've lost. I don't own a scale--I go by clothes size...only now, I've shrunk out of most of the clothes I have.

I do know that the "distance" between the smaller sizes is less than the larger sizes. I have been doing a workout that is supposed to get rid of the muffin top (not every day, but at least 3 times / week when I feel like working up a sweat).

Congrats to both of you (SB and PF)!!!! I have a doctor's appointment in October. I think I'll have to step on the scale to figure out how much weight I've lost. I don't own a scale--I go by clothes size...only now, I've shrunk out of most of the clothes I have.

I do know that the "distance" between the smaller sizes is less than the larger sizes. I have been doing a workout that is supposed to get rid of the muffin top (not every day, but at least 3 times / week when I feel like working up a sweat).
Good job. Don't forget about Value Village.

The support from everyone is just great! It has inspired me to get on that darn elliptical at home today & punch out a hot & sweaty 71 minutes! Thank you all!!!

The support from everyone is just great! It has inspired me to get on that darn elliptical at home today & punch out a hot & sweaty 71 minutes! Thank you all!!!

71 minutes! Wow. Pretty soon you'll be running marathons, SB! We do daily 30-40 minute walks or the recumbent/rower, 71 minutes is true dedication.

I might try this technique:

Attachments

• weight goal.jpeg
    weight goal.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 219
I might try this technique:

A serious question for Charlene and the rest of you dieters.

What kind of scale do you use?

I want/need a new one and I would like one that is accurate. The one I have now weighs in about fifteen pounds under the one at my Doctor's office.

Maybe I should buy my Doctor a new scale or give him my old one! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I want/need a new one and I would like one that is accurate. The one I have now weighs in about fifteen pounds under the one at my Doctor's office.

Maybe I should buy my Doctor a new scale or give him my old one! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Great idea. My Dr's scale also weighs heavy, I prefer my home scale.

I have a Taylor Digital scale, I got it at Costco for about $20. It is within 2 pounds of the doctor's scale.

Funny, I was talking to the nurse, women walk up to to the scale and remove everything they can without being starkers, men walk up and just stand on the scale, keys, change, shoes, etc.

I told the nurse last time that I had to take my phone out of my pocket because I just took it off the charger and it had a full battery...

Normally I wouldn't care less if chocolate vanished off the face of the earth. Don't like it much. Possibly a result of my age. I was born in 1949 and in the aftermath of WWII sweet rationing lasted until 1954 - it was considered more important to import raw materials to rebuild industry and pay off the wartime debt than to import sugar for sweets and chocolate.

Interesting. My oldest did not eat the chocolate till he was 8 or so. First we would not give it him when he was really little, we lied told him it doesn't taste good. Then he simply did not ask for, until I almost forced him to try a chocolate candy. It was love at first Bite, so to speak.

I don't own a scale. When I go to see my doctor and I have to be weighed, I stand backwards on the scale so I can't see my weight and forbid the nurse to tell me what I weigh. I go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I think weighing oneself gets one more focused on how much weight one has lost vs. how well one is doing on changing one's eating habits (which will last a lifetime, vs. a diet which often means one gains the weight back). I have kept the weight off for 18 months thanks to changing how I eat. If I had gone on a diet, I probably would've gained the weight back by now. Instead, I focused on changing my eating habits. I was not overweight, I just didn't like being a size 14. I really like being a size 8.

Back
Top Bottom