"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Your weight - Are you happy with it?

I am happy with mine.

Although I love food, I make a special effort to stay at the weight I want to be at, or not much above it. When I put on a few pounds, I switch to yogurt and fruit, until it goes away again.

Mel

Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
Executive Chef

No!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm so happy with my weight, I keep adding more - I wan't to be ecstatic! My doctor, on the other hand, is not happy about it.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Cook

I'm fine with it until I take the dogs hiking in the mountains and am huffing and puffing up grades, or I get up in the morning with a back ache and know that I wouldn't have it if I were fifty pounds lighter. Then I make some waffles and forget about it.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Waffles, good forgetting food. I'm not happy with my weight and am working hard to take it off...another 35 lbs and I'll be happy.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Master Chef

Not happy with mine either, but just like PrincessFiona, I'm working on it. I only have 124 pounds to go. That means I only have to lose 12.4 lbs ten times.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
Not happy with mine either, but just like PrincessFiona, I'm working on it. I only have 124 pounds to go. That means I only have to lose 12.4 lbs ten times.
The only way I could lose that much weight is to get a divorce!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Head Chef

I could stand to lose 10 lbs. 15 lbs would make me pretty lean and mean.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Thumbs up Love my current weight

I'm at 165 pounds which is fine for a 5'10" male. I've maintained this weight for two years now.

I used to weigh 195 pounds and decided to slowly lose weight by changing what and how I ate plus going for daily walks.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
Master Chef

I've never been happy with my weight.......even when others thought I was the perfect size, the scale said something else to me. Could have something to do with at birth I weighed an enormous 10 lbs. 11 oz, so I guess I was doomed from the start. I'm tall and have a large frame, but still !! Much of my problem is I love to cook, and I love my own cooking!!
The only time I lost a lot of weight without any effort was when my husband died, and I sure wouldn't recommend that. Sometimes I wonder how I lived through it. We were married 42 yrs.
I've been on every diet known to man and have lost a ton of weight, and gained it back, over my lifetime. I'm on the bandwagon again and this time I'm doing it sensibly...high protein, no refined carbs, no potatoes, low fat. I love cook elaborate meals, but right now I have to get back to basics, and thankfully my new husband is great about it. I sometimes cook him a meal I'd love to eat. lol
Surprisingly it helps me to be here at DC, reading and posting about my favorite thing...COOKING.
My husband and I will be doing two international cruises this summer......eeek, let's see how I do then !!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote