Ace pear cider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comissaryqueen

Senior Cook
One of the new items in our pubs last season was Ace Cider. It met with a great response. I don't normally drink hard ciders but this is a refreshing treat.

comissaryqueen said:
One of the new items in our pubs last season was Ace Cider. It met with a great response. I don't normally drink hard ciders but this is a refreshing treat.

Is 'hard cider' what we call cider here in the UK? I mean, is it alcholic in content, rather than just a fruit juice?

We call the alcoholic drink derived from pears 'perry' in the UK, I presume to differentiate from apples/cider.

I love pear juice, so that Ace stuff sounds great!:mrgreen:

Hi Ishbel,

Yep, here in the states 'cider' is unfermented, unfiltered, and if you're lucky unpastuerized apple juice. Apple juice is the clear, filtered, processed stuff.

Hard Cider is used to denote an alcoholic beverage (although there a few on the market that have precious little real cider in them).

mmmm..... Cider...... (Both kinds!)

John

Yes, Ace is alcohol and is actually made from apples mainly. The owner/brewer is an Englishman named Jeffrey House. He has a great web-site. Ace Cider.com He also brews beer. All is done in CA. He also has more flavored Ciders.

Thanks to both of you for the information.

Ronjohn: So cider isnt' cider, but Hard Cider is cider.... Hmmmm there's that common language diving us again :mrgreen:

CQ
Interesting that it's an Englishman who is brewing the Perry! I've bookmarked that site to have a proper look later. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom