"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Drat. I'm trying to find my husband's now deceased ex boss's wife's recipe for Bourbon Slush. It was a staple for all corporate get-togethers, and was delicious. They were originally from Alabama. Will post when I find it!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #12
Master Chef

This one is so easy. I actually learned to do it in Germany when I was 11. No, I wasn't allowed to drink more than a sip! I'll have to ask Mom who taught it to her! The main thing is keeping the juice/soda/alcohol balance about the same, otherwise it will freeze solid (not enough booze) or won't freeze at all (too much booze). The only problem I've had with this recipe is people thinking that it was a wimp drink. Once a guy thought it was not alcoholic and was adding a shot of bourbon to it, and a Chinese friend drank some and got immediately sick (some Asian women cannot metabolize alcohol, something I did not know at the time).But generally this is a hit. I once made three punch bowls of it for a wedding shower; one with vodka, cranberry juice and 7 up, one with limeade, rum, and 7 up, one with pink lemonade ... well, you get the picture. It was a huge hit. Haven't made it in years, mostly because I don't have a big freezer any more.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Hi I'm not really familiar with the powder you're asking about though I'm guessing that as it's a powder, maybe gelatin?. I'm thinking of powdered jelly I think.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMediger View Post
Gotta love slush! I really think it's a Midwest thing .
We buy it by the gallon in the summer. Doesn't last long. I go through about three gallons every summer. And that is for adults alone. The Italian community in Boston have been making for generations.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Now you've mentioned something I've never even heard of! How cool is that?

How about a Tequllia slush? Mmmmmmmmm!

Tags
recipe

Need a Recipe I'm not even sure where to put this post, so it's going here. :rolleyes: I am looking for a recipe. It's a powder that you use to make wine slushies. I bought some at our Street Fair today and I've had it at a friends, but sheese $12.00 a pop :wacko:....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I have to find out what is in the mix to make my own!! Anyone?? :question: 3 stars 1 reviews