Orange Tic Tac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Does anyone know of a drink that tastes like orange tic tac?

Also Black 'n Tan. It is combination of Guiness Beer and what else? Heard in conversation and cannot recall what it was?

If anyone knows I am sure many have answered my questions before and feel confident of your knowledge.

Thanks

Well depending on who you ask, a black and tan can be a few different things.

When I order one I am expecting Guiness and Bass. The Guiness is floated on top of the Bass to creat the back and tan color.

Quick

Thank you both for your response. I knew I wouldn't have to wait more than few minutes to find out if people knew what i was talking about.

Seems like I am checking this section out more often than I did before. I surely would not like to admit that I rather drink than eat! Seems lot simpler and makes you feel good. Maybe if I wouldn't have to do all the cooking and washing dishes I wouldn't mind. But like everyday doing same thing at same time. Should get a break more than once week. I do not mind eating White Castles now and t hen. Think I am getting lazy?

ITK: here's a tasty treat I had over at Wynn's last month in Vegas:
galliano
smirnof mandarin
half & half

Put into a shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a martini glass.
Reminds me of a 50/50 ice cream bar.

Great

jkath: one thing I know is that you are really acquainted w/good things and special drinks are one of them. I appreciate this and since I am not sure could I just mix cup of each one and put into shaker In other words, equal parts of each one? It does sound good. I am familiar w/galliano had it once and really was good. I will go through the liqour department and hope I pick a good one, or is there only one kind of each?

Must have had good time in Vegas to remember this special drink. Do you make them at home sometimes? Hope you are doing well in your new house.

Black & Tans are a combination of Guiness and Bass where I come from too.

As for orange Tic Tacs, I've never even tasted them, so I can't comment.

BC

ITK - I usually eyeball out my meaurements with drinks, but I'd put one part galliano, 2 parts smirnoff mandarin & 2-4 parts half & half (depending on how strong you want it).
If you want to be extra fancy, get a nice strip (about 1/4" thick & 2" long) of orange peel, & twist it around a swizzle stick till it takes shape (like a corkscrew). Lightly spritz with water & then sprinkle sugar over it. Prop it on the side of the martini glass.

Feeling?

What is your opinion of someone who has so little connect ion w/liqour? I just feel like I am sitting in back of room and everyone in front row gets to sample and I don't. I am just thankful you don't ignore my posts and keep me ignorant. I do learn a lot from this site that is why I really do not like to miss out for too long. Otherwise I will be in the last row. At least you have shared your happiness w/me and I can try to duplicate in the privacy of my own kitchen. Even if it is alone. Seems I have the best time when I try different mixtures of liqours. I hope you will continue to respond and understand I have to learn too. the family feels it unnecessary for me to go to bar to learn anything. Thanks for all your time.

I love the Webtender!

Webtender is a GREAT site, especially if you're at home, don't feel like going to the store, and just want to know what kind of new drink you can try mixing yourself with what you have already at home! :brows:

Great tip!

jkath

Thanks for thinking of us! I told you that you would have some kind of link for us to check out. This is great for the fact like taking 'leftovers' and making something with them. I just depend on you to keep us all informed. I am anxious to try the orange tic tac. I buy when I make my trip to the store but I sure don't want to be obvious and race to the "Party Center" first. People seem to look at my basket to see what I buy. Once someone took the thing and never did get it back. I sure didn't like that.

thanks again

Strong

Well, we got all the ingredients and had to make special trip for galliano. Now to use all of the bottles up. They told me I made it too strong. I went according to directions that jkath told me about. Should I add more half and half next time? Can i mix orange vodka w/plain vodka? Trying to think of ways to use it. Well, there is always Christmas. Really strange, no one said the drink affected them. Maybe we have to drink more than one.

Now to try other suggestions.

As a part of my party rental business I rent out frozen drink machines (margarita machines). One time I screwed up and sent out a machine with Mai-Tai mix instead of strawberry daquiri mix. The renter used the mai-tai mix with tequilla and instantly came up with this drink that tasted almost IDENTICAL to orange tic tac's. I didn't believe him until I came back to correct the situation. I tasted the drink and was absolutely floored! Just like orange tic tacs.

...and are they on your list of "specialty party drinks", Home Chef?
I love those machines - such a great idea!

ITK, as to amounts, like I said, I never really measure. You kind of have to taste it and figure out what's best for you.
Also, when you're shaking a drink, make sure to use plenty of ice!

Isn't this great that you got to taste such fantastic drink? No matter how you get it, the flavor is what intrigues me.

jkath, I thank you for suggestion. We really try our drinking for weekend but maybe I could experiment alone and tell them I wanted to get it just right. Adding more ice I am sure would help.

Now Yours

Dina said:
- 1 shot(s) Orange Schnapps
- 2 shot(s) Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 shot(s) Orange Juice

Going to the store to try out your suggestion. Did you like it?

Brand?

Dina said:
- 1 shot(s) Orange Schnapps
- 2 shot(s) Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 shot(s) Orange Juice

My store does not carry Orange Schnapps. Did you buy at liqour store?

Back
Top Bottom