Soho - Lychee :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I was browsing the SAQ (where you buy hard liquor in Quebec) with my S.O. (we do this every time we go grocery shopping just to "look") and I saw a bottle of SOHO - a liqueur from the lychee.

I had to buy it. One of my favorite pastimes is thinking up/finding interesting mixes for guests to WOW them. :chef:

There was only one mixed drink recipe I could find online. I found that the 10 oz made it a bit strong, so I brought it down to 8 and it tasted better. If it's too acidic, add more ice cream. You can even add more OJ if you don't enjoy the burning of the alcohol, but that is reduced greatly if you cut it down to 8 oz. I also substituted the pears for pear juice, poured to taste, which usually ends up as an equal part with the orange juice. Serve with a funky umbrella and a plop of ice cream to garnish if you like.:-p

10 oz SOHO
1 qt OJ
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 whole pears

Blend ingredients in a bar blender and pour into glasses half filled with crushed ice.

Mmm, that is something I will HAVE to try! I am having guests over tonight for dinner. I'm serving cheese fondue for an appetizer, slow cooked ribs and greek potatoes, and for dessert a chocolate fondue. It would go amazing with dessert if it had mango in it.

Pineapple juice in place of pear and a couple of mangos would taste amazing with the ice cream and lychee.

Yes there are tons on that site, thank you!! :) I will definately look more at it.

None of them have SOHO though! :( You can pretty much put it with any fruit juice or have it on the rocks or with tonic water.

I've had lychee liquor with Captain Morgan Parrot Pineapple rum shaken with ice and it's delicious. If you want an even sweeter drink, a dash of grenadine to add a bit of "tropical" colors. Other flavored CM Parrot Rum does well too, especially the passion fruit flavor.

How about a Cosmopolitian cocktail and substituting Cuantro or Grand Marnier with SOHO?

I can't usually handle straight liquor on the rocks like that, or else I would try it! I'm more into girly drinks, but I can make some pretty awesome shooters :)

A cosmo with soho... Hmmm!

In that case, how about a little SOHO some Sprite (or 7-Up), a splash of grenadine, and an orange twist.

If you want to cut out the rum, you can also use just plain juice of some sorts (OJ, pineapple, maybe even pom juice), blend that up and make kind of a daiquiri. I'm all over the girly drinks. Love the fruity and sweet ones.

Any straight spirits drinks that you don't think you can handle, try adding a fruit juice, soda water, or milk depending on the ingredients on the cocktail. Also try adding the Soho to premix drinks like Lemon Lime and Bitters, etc. I find LLB's are greatly improved by a half shot of dry vermouth or vodka. Lychee liqueur may also do good things!!

Oh and you REALLY need to check out this site:

SOHO Lychee

Loads and loads of drinks for you to try!!! You might need a second bottle!! LOL

Wow Bilby, THANKS! We are already on our second bottle even without that site, uh oh! :-p

That sounds great too plumies, I'll have to give that a go tonight. We have MORE people coming over tonight lol.

Back
Top Bottom