What drink to order at 5-star restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
ok, obviouslly...... I have a mind of my own and tastes of my own "lol". just looking for some new ideas maybe.

I'm going to a 5 star restaurant this weekend and wanted to get something good and something I could enjoy. I don't drink often...well i do have 2 little ones so I don't have the time.

Anyways, what would you order if you were sitting in a 5 star restaurant.

You're kidding, aren't you? I'd order whatever I normally like to drink. Just because it's a 5-star restaurant means nothing as far as libations (or anything else for that matter). Just order the cocktail you're in the mood for at the time. No need to get fancy shmancy just because it's a "5-star restaurant" in some critic's eye.

well I don't drink often and don't remember too many drink names. I do like vodka and I drink beers here and there. When I was in my early 20's or even younger than that..I used to drink to get drunk with my friends "lol". Just looking for some fresh ideas. I could probably just get a beer or some wine.

I'd order a dry martini, because I like them and only have them maybe twice a year (which is twice more a year than I go to a 5-star restaurant).

Cosmopolitans were really popular with women when Sex in the City was on.

A vodka gimlet is a nice drink.

Where ya goin', legend?

Lee

Hard alcohol drinks can dull your taste buds so I would stick with beer or wine during dinner. After dinner I would enjoy a dry vodka martini.

It's Rob Roy season.....straight up. Manhattans, up, are nice too. However, since you don't drink often, get whatever you get on the rocks. Sipping one nice cocktail as you look over the menu is a magnificent prelude to an even better meal.

Enjoy!

I like to try different things I have not had before - a nice wine, a different vodka or bourbon - I like to sip grand marnier after dinner or a good irish coffee - just me though.

Sometimes they will have a drink specialty menu... sometimes they tweak my interest. You may want to check that out for an after dinner libation.

When I go to a good restaurant, as much as I love my beer, I skip it because it's too filling, and I want to enjoy my meal. Personally, I like a Margarita.

i agree with gb; a true 5 star joint should have a kickin' wine list.

after dinner, check to see if they have gran marnier cuvee speciale cent cinquantenaire. a snifter goes for around $30.

Order a Moscow Mule - and if it doesn't come served in a copper mug - they should lose a star or two.

Smirnoff used to have ads in Playboy where you could order the mugs ... back circa 1970 +/- a couple of years. I had 2 sets of 4. They all dissapeared over the years (friends with sticky fingers). I had 1 left that one of my sons talked me out of 3-4 years ago.

I will be in Scarbourough Friday on a shopping trip for my daughter (while she is in school). I like my beer ice cold and when I drink hard drinks I don't like to mix them with anything but air or ice. I like extra dry vodka martinis. They sell three olives vodka up here which is a very smooth and clean vodka. Enjoy your trip into Maine. BTW, they traffic in that area of route 1 on weekends is very heavy so please drive safely.

Some choices..

Single Barrel bourbon on the rocks.
blue Bombay martini..up with 3 olives
Cosmo
Old Fashioned(with bitters)
fine wine

If you feel like spending extra cash for something light,
a pomegranate mimosa is very nice if the champagne is descent.

I would probably have a nice, appropriate wine with dinner and a scotch or aged rum as a digestif.

I would go with the wine suggested with the meal...
and afterwards.. maybe martini - but more likely some herbs.. liqueur or brandy..

Back
Top Bottom