What is a good drink for a college-aged girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go off the beaten path and DONT DRINK! You make it through college and then drink away!!!

Sorry... don't mean to be a spoil sport... just looking back on my life, I really wish there were some things that I avoided!

Am I the only one thinking........ummmm she's under aged.....should we be contributing on what he should give her??

I guess you aren't the only spoil sport Sattie;);)

Sorry guess it's the teacher side of me! Or the mother side, either one!:LOL:

Am I the only one thinking........ummmm she's under aged.....should we be contributing on what he should give her??

I guess you aren't the only spoil sport Sattie;);)

Sorry guess it's the teacher side of me! Or the mother side, either one!:LOL:

Actually, she's 22...she is of drinking age.

I would suggest some drinks, but the names themselves might get me banned... :angel: Aaah, what the hell.

Raspberry Martini or "Razzitini"
Lemon Drop
Apple Martni or "Appletini"
Sour Apple
Fuzzy Nipple
Buttery Nipple
Melon Ball
B-52
Mudslide
Godiva Chocolate Martini
Long Island Iced Tea
Chocolate Cake
Ice Bomb
Adios Mother_____ (only drink this if you really, really want to get crunk)

For recipes and/or for other drinks go here: DRINKSMIXER.COM: 16400+ mixed drink recipes, cocktails and drinks

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, they're 22.

nothing could go wrong.

Nice, :LOL: No I am not talking about getting plastered I just want to make a nice drink for her.

I do have a question regarding Margaritas though. I know they are pretty popular with young crowds and I have only made it once and it was incredibly strong. Every recipe I find is basically just tequila, triple sec (I used Cointreau which I know is a little stronger), and fresh lime. That is basically pure alcohol except for the lime juice. Something made me feel like this is not the Margarita that everyone raves about because it was not something you could just drink and enjoy because it was like drinking pure alcohol. How do I make a more drinkable Margarita?

Edit: I see after reading some other posts that some people think I may be irresponsible for requesting ideas of a drink to make for a girl? We are both of age and I am not looking for a way to get wasted (if I had that in mind, I wouldn't bother with going to the effort to make a good drink...). I know it is stereotypical for college age kids to drink a lot but honestly I don't drink to get drunk I just like to have a drink in moderation because I enjoy it. So... is that better then?

If you make one of the fruit drinks like margaritas, etc. Forgo the mixes and make it with the real ingredients. A major difference, like whipped cream and miracle whip.

Do you mean like mayonnaise and miracle whip :rolleyes:

Iron Chef had a lot of good ones (won't comment on a couple of the names, LOL), but I would add a Midori Sour to that list.
You promised her a mixed drink, so straight wines or wine coolers are out, which I think was a bad move there. For future reference, ask her what her favorite drink is, then Google it, then practice making it until you get good at it and then serve it to her. A keeper will appreciate the effort you took to do all that for her.

Okay this will probably sound dumb but I need to know: what are some good drinks that would be liked by pretty much any girl of a college-ish age (20's)? I'm 22

I'm sorry I took it as he was saying she was about 20 and he was 22.....but looking again now I see that he could have meant anywhere in her 20's. So ok ok I jumped the gun :-p guess I'm just practicing for when my daughter gets older!!:wacko::doh::eek:

One drink I sometime order when able to have a night out with my DF is a drink simular to this, it is served in a chilled martini glass with chocolate syrup drizzled in before the drink is poured in to create a pretty design through the glass. Great for if she enjoys coffee and chocolate lover!

Recipes : Kona Coffee-tini : Food Network

Nice, :LOL: No I am not talking about getting plastered I just want to make a nice drink for her.

I do have a question regarding Margaritas though. I know they are pretty popular with young crowds and I have only made it once and it was incredibly strong. Every recipe I find is basically just tequila, triple sec (I used Cointreau which I know is a little stronger), and fresh lime. That is basically pure alcohol except for the lime juice. Something made me feel like this is not the Margarita that everyone raves about because it was not something you could just drink and enjoy because it was like drinking pure alcohol. How do I make a more drinkable Margarita?

Edit: I see after reading some other posts that some people think I may be irresponsible for requesting ideas of a drink to make for a girl? We are both of age and I am not looking for a way to get wasted (if I had that in mind, I wouldn't bother with going to the effort to make a good drink...). I know it is stereotypical for college age kids to drink a lot but honestly I don't drink to get drunk I just like to have a drink in moderation because I enjoy it. So... is that better then?

Yes, the Margarita that everyone raves about is 2 parts Tequila, and one part each lime juice and Cointreau. You can "lighten" it by serving it on the rocks, or you can make a frozen one by processing the mixture in a blender with shaved ice.

Personally, I would have preferred (at age 22) a glass of white wine. That was why I suggested the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. It is light and crisp and has lots of aromas and flavors of tropical fruit -- especially refreshing in summery weather, and really delicious with fish dishes or appetizers. :)

Oh Sattie!.....I do go along with you.....why must it be an alcholic drink?....maybe she doesn't want that.....just ask the person, wouldn't that be easy?

because it was not something you could just drink and enjoy because it was like drinking pure alcohol.
What is wrong with drinking pure alcohol. That can be very enjoyable. Just ask anyone who drinks martinis (the original kind or even a vodka martini) or people who enjoy scotch straight up or any other alcohol straight up. Straight alcohol can be very enjoyable.

A college aged girl shouldn't be having any drinks! but if one must then i would suggest a screwdriver.

Why not if she is above the legal drinking age?

If legal age, yes no problem. Its just when i think of college aged girls is under 21, which most of them are, at least the undergrads.

Back
Top Bottom