Who Likes Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ronjohn55 said:
:ohmy: Guiness thick and smooth??? A horrible stereotype! By virtue of it's finishing gravity (Actually it's starting gravity as well) Guiness is one of the lighter beers on the market! (And also why it floats on the top of a black and tan)
I would describe it as roasty with just a slight hint of a tartness to it, but not thick. Agreed it is a very smooth beer.

John

ronjohn, you need to get yourself to dublin one day and enjoy a fresh guinness. i've had it several billion times here in the states and was not enamored by it (not for lack of trying). but my first pint in dublin, across from st. stephens green in a pub called "the senate", was an eye opener. it was delicious. cool, light, and refreshing. not what people think of stoudts.

i think a perfect job for you would be a guinness tester. i've heard of these guys that go around cities, from irish pub to pub, with a kit that tests several factors of the guinness they serve.

buckytom said:
i think a perfect job for you would be a guinness tester. i've heard of these guys that go around cities, from irish pub to pub, with a kit that tests several factors of the guinness they serve.
Wow if I could score that job and my wife could get a job as the Ben and Jerry's taste tester then we would be two of the happiest people on the planet.

buckytom said:
ronjohn, you need to get yourself to dublin one day and enjoy a fresh guinness.

Have a friend who's homebrewed it. Nearly spot on, right down to the water chemistry and the Nitrogen carbonation. He won't give me the :censored: recipe!!

John

ronjohn55 said:
Have a friend who's homebrewed it. Nearly spot on, right down to the water chemistry and the Nitrogen carbonation. He won't give me the :censored: recipe!!

John

And you call this person a friend?:LOL:
I'd love to try some, (for medicinal purposes only of couse).

ronjohn55 said:
(I've yet to have a chance to sample the stone RIS, but I'm sure it's quite good).

Next time you make it Knoxville, TN, look me up and we'll crack a bottle or two. I usually try to keep some around, as well as some Stone Smoked Porter.

nicolas_1710 said:
I KNOW HOW TO MADE BEER, IF U WANT TO KNOW, LOOK AT THIS LINK:
<Link removed, not giving him any traffic>

This thread is about liking Beer, not
spam.gif
. This is exactly the same as the other thread you posted, and thanks but I already know how to make beer.

And it's "You" not "U". No homebrewer talks or spells like that.

John

Last edited:
I usually drink Vodka Tonics. I have a couple beers a week. Usually Becks, Sam Adams, Heineken or Corona (now that it's hot out). There was a Budweiser left after a party a few months ago....I spit it out. It's funny how your taste buds change.

ronjohn55 said:
This thread is about liking Beer, not
spam.gif
. This is exactly the same as the other thread you posted, and thanks but I already know how to make beer.

And it's "You" not "U". No homebrewer talks or spells like that.

John

He said "Made" beer. :LOL:

We "looked" at the link, now what? Do we click on it?

Bottingtons Ale

Has anyone tried Bottingtons Ale? When I read this thread I went to the store and looked for something imported since all the beer here must not taste good. I tried this Bottingtons Ale and find it very good. If anyone has given it a try, I would appreciate your opinion. Just to know if I like something others do. It was on sale. Does this mean it is getting old and I should drink it fast? I have been drinking a beer with my meals and find it makes the food taste better or is it because the beer makes me think it is better? Thanks

Misspelled!

Do you believe the name was misspelled. It is Boddingtons not Bottingtons. sorry if I misled you. Must be too early.

July 4th is the day of Beer Drinking in America.
The radio just reported that more beer is consumed
on Independance Day in America than any other day.

I'll drink to that! :ROFLMAO:

July 4th

GrillingFool said:
July 4th is the day of Beer Drinking in America.
The radio just reported that more beer is consumed
on Independance Day in America than any other day.

I'll drink to that! :ROFLMAO:

Me too! I love a good reason to do something I normally don't. Like drink more than one beer.

Skinny Dip

Recently, I bought a six pack of Skinny Dip by the New Belgium Brewing Co, in Fort Collins, CO. It had a light crisp taste with a hint of lemon/lime. I liked the flavor combination. For me it has the taste of a great summertime beer. I may have to buy an extra six pack or two for the winter.

Honestly, what kind of question is "Who likes beer?"

My cat would drink beer if I gave it to her, I think pretty much everyone likes beer.

Anyway, some of my favorites:

-Delirium Nocturnum
-Belhaven Wee Heavy
-Morland Old Speckled Hen
-Kelpie Seaweed Ale
-Tupper's Hop Pocket
-Erie Railbender Ale
-Orkney Skullsplitter
-Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale
-Smithwick's
-Magic Hat #9
-Sam Adam's Boston Lager (draft only)
-Wexbury Irish Cream Ale
-Yebisu
-Asahi Super Dry
-Tsingtao

There are tons more, including a bunch of Russian beers that have names that I can't remember. Russian beer is by and large excellent....

I love beer, but have to admit that the micro brews are by far the best:

New Holland
Bells
DogFish Head
Stone's

man I could go on all day

Back
Top Bottom