Black tea - What is your favourite type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mel, why mess with perfection?

I wouldnt. I always just put a splash of milk in my black tea. I would never drink black tea with a fruit flavour. :)

Has anyone tried Lapsang Souchong tea? It is apparently the black tea that is considered by many to be one of the best these days. I dont know how much it costs or how easily available it is. I will watch out for it when I am shopping.

Is Lapsang expensive? Can I buy it in the supermarket or does it have to be got in a special place?

Bigelow teabags of lapsang are about $7/16 bags. In bulk it is $16/pound, and there is never any there when I remember to look.

I also love lapsang souchong (chinese black tea that is smoked) and while twinnings and other companies have bagged available, I've found that one of the best comes from the republic of tea company. They sell it at my local indie coffee place by the can.

I love black tea, but I dont think I have ever been very adventurous with it, or tried types that are very special.

I only got as far as Earl Grey with my black tea adventures. What am I missing out on? If you are a fan of black tea, would you post here which ones you like, where you buy them, and what they cost.
I love black tea. This year I tried black tea with tropical fruit flavor. It was amazing. I also tried English Breakfast but I feel there is no difference than the normal black tea. But from where I come from, black tea is usually flavored with mint which has also a great taste. You can use fresh leaves of mint or the ready made tea bags flavored with mint (LIPTON).:chef:

Tea smoked trout, line your wok with heavy duty silverfoil, mix back tea with sugar and rice and put in the wok, cover with another layer of foil and place your oiled fish on it cover with a lid and put on a medium heat, beware it will smoke like mad.
Use a cheap pekoe grade.

Thanks for the replies, especially the ones about lapsang.:)

Sunday is a day that reminds me of my favorite thing about black tea. My husband brings it to me in bed every Sunday morning. He prepares it with love in one of my tea for one pots and brings it up to the bedside table for me. And as some of you know...my mom and I used to have a cup if tea across the miles on the phone before her passing. I LOVE a good cup of tea.

Why rely on our taste, go to tea store and have them give you samples. Personaly I love Mixture of Indian and Ceylon tea (loose) make it my self of course.

Sunday is a day that reminds me of my favorite thing about black tea. My husband brings it to me in bed every Sunday morning. He prepares it with love in one of my tea for one pots and brings it up to the bedside table for me. And as some of you know...my mom and I used to have a cup if tea across the miles on the phone before her passing. I LOVE a good cup of tea.

Tea is the stuff memories are made of.

i don't drink tea ( and I'm british ) but my favorite is lapsang souchon if I do brew some ,mostly I use it for tea smoke in the wok ,Bolas de fraile uses it for trout,I use it for pork mostly ,rice ,brown sugar, star anice,cinnamon,black tea.lapang has a nice smoky flavour. Gage

Samovar is nothing but a hot water tank. With a small tea pot seating on the top of it to keep the esence of tea hot. I do drink 4-5-6 cups of tea a day. Have been trying to cut down though.

Samovar is nothing but a hot water tank. With a small tea pot seating on the top of it to keep the esence of tea hot. I do drink 4-5-6 cups of tea a day. Have been trying to cut down though.

How do you make the essence of tea? I have had tea served that way, but they used a thermal carafe for the hot water to dilute the essence.

Back
Top Bottom