Coca Cola Blak...Have You Tried It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
I'm with you, Alix. I don't drink much of the stuff anymore, but when I do, it's gotta be the old standby.

geebs, we have been trying to drink decaf here and it's killing me. Don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. I usually only have a couple of cups a day anyway (unlike some Canadians I know), so I'm not gonna feel bad about it.

I keep telling you people, caffeine is GOOD FOR YOU! Seriously mudbug, I feel your pain. I had a nasty headache the other day that was upsetting my tummy, so I didn't have any coffee that day. Well! Nothing tasted so good the next day. AHHHHHHHH!!

I think I am going to keep my eye out for this though. I am intrigued enough to sample it when it comes out. Too bad its a liquid and I can't bother one of you in the US to send me one. Liquid doesn't transport so well though.

OK I broke down and bought a 4 pack because my curiosity got the better of me. It was quite expensive unfortunately. A 4 pack cost $6. What makes that price worse is that the bottles are 8oz bottles.

I bought it off the shelf, not from a cooler so they were room temp. I am sure they will taste better once they are cold, but my initial impression was that it tastes pretty good. The coffee taste is the primary flavor. Now When I was a coffee drinker I would take it black. Unlike the name of this new drink that is not what this tastes like. It is heavily sweetened as I would expect with a Coke product.

I will not make it a regular habit of buying this, especially because of the price and size, but I do not make it a regular habit of buying any soda anyway. I think it is a decent product though. I did not expect it to taste as decent as it does.

I think it might be really good with vodka though. I will test that theory tonight :)

I haven't tried this Coke Blak yet, but I have tasted the Black Cherry Vanilla and really do like it.

FWIW, I, too, am both a Coke fan and a coffee fan. Coke Blak is available around here (the middle of Pennsylvania), and I have been actively looking for it in a "single" form. So far, I've only been able to find it in the 4-packs (at Target, actually).

As soon as I find an available "single" bottle somewhere, I'm going to try it and tell you what I think. I suspect that I'll either really love it, or really hate it...nothing in-between.

--J

240brickman said:
FWI...As soon as I find an available "single" bottle somewhere, ...

I found it sold individually in a quickmart on the highway. 7-11 or similar stores will probably have them as singles. They're with the power drinks, not with the regular coke products.

Like Coke doesn't have enough caffeine in it already... I don't think I will be able to drink this :(

Michelemarie said:
GB and Grumblebee - sorry for the confusion but I am not pregnant, I meant I haven't had caffeine since I found out I was pregnant in 2003! Whew - hope I didn't cause a rumor:cool: ! I get a caffeine high off of decaf now!

OMG, Michelle, don't do that woman!!!!!!!!:wacko: :LOL:

biev said:
Like Coke doesn't have enough caffeine in it already... I don't think I will be able to drink this :(
There is not any actual coffee in it and the size is smaller than a regular 12oz can so there is probably (although I have not checked) less caffeine than a regular coke.

Hello all!

Finally got around to trying the new Coke Blak this afternoon. I co-worker told me of a local "Quick-Mart" that sells it cold by the single bottle, so I shelled out the 2 bucks :dry:

I started drinking it right there in the convenience store, because the clerk asked me to tell him what it was like!

I thought it was OK. Not great, not bad at all, just OK. Very different. Very corn-syrupy (as opposed to sugary), with a bit of an odd caramel aftertaste...the aftertaste sort of reminded me of the extra-crispy, dark parts you find on BBQ ribs, or if you REALLY over-toast a marshmallow. Not an unpleasant flavor, but not something I'd expect from a soft drink (or from a "hard" drink, for that matter!).

I'd buy the stuff again if it were significantly cheaper. It also occurred to me that it might work really well as an ingredient in a marinade for brisket (or possibly beef ribs, or venison).

My 2 cents!

--J

240brickman said:
It also occurred to me that it might work really well as an ingredient in a marinade for brisket (or possibly beef ribs, or venison).

I believe you've hit on the only possible use for this stuff that I can imagine, brickman!

240brickman said:
It also occurred to me that it might work really well as an ingredient in a marinade for brisket (or possibly beef ribs, or venison).
Brilliant idea!!!

I've tried it; it’s basically just carbonated coffee, with a hint of Coke. I wonder where they got this idea from. Maybe it started in another country. Who knows? I'd be interested to find out. The only drawback for me is the bottle is too small. I think it tastes decent, but I just want more of it for the money.

Yes, I actually love it. It tastes nothing like if I mix my own coke and coffee concoction (yes, Ive tried).

Did not care for it. I liked the flavor, didn't like the carbonation and the cola tweak in it.
The store here does have it in individual bottles for $1.09. They tend to break up the packages sometimes to see if it sells.

I was suprized to say that I fell in love with it at first sip. It was an undescribable yet great bitter-sweet flavor. ANd I don't even like Coke that much. But heads up, don't try making any yourself with your own coffee and coke. It WILL taste disgusting. Yes, I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom