Diet Coke w/ Lime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardge

Senior Cook
USA - Chicago, Illinois ~ On a windy day, I can a
Who has tried this? I've had two of them today already and I just realized it was what it was - Diet Coke w/ Lime. The can looks almost EXACTLY like regular Diet Coke. After I realized it kinda tasted differently, I took a look. I bought them by mistake and I know for certain I will be buying them again on purpose!

[jules winfield mode]This is a tasty soda![/jules winfield mode]

Not too sweet. Not at all bitter. Pretty much, just right.

Very chugable.

CLANK!

BURP!!

Good stuff indeed.

RJ

My DH and I really like it too. It was a bit more of an aquired taste for me, but I think we'd both rather have a diet coke w/ lime than w/ out now! I don't know how much it's caught on, though--when we go out to eat, we'll order a diet coke with a slice of lime (like many people order it with lemon) and more often than not we get strange looks and a "with a what???" or a slice of lemon!

As far as diet soft drinks go this is the only one I like to drink! I love the slight tang the lime gives the Coke. I just wish they made it in regular! It definitely has a great burp factor too(sorry, but in high school among the band I was voted least likely to land a job by burping :oops: ).

crewsk said:
As far as diet soft drinks go this is the only one I like to drink! I love the slight tang the lime gives the Coke. I just wish they made it in regular! It definitely has a great burp factor too(sorry, but in high school among the band I was voted least likely to land a job by burping :oops: ).

It does seem extra-fizzy, doesn't it!

Next time you're out and order a regular coke, ask for a slice of lime. It has a bit of a different taste (natural lime vs artificial, I guess) but it's really good.

crewsk, LOL! You would fit right into my family with the burping thing. Do you play "safety" too?

I can only drink regular Coke as aspartame triggers migraines for me, and I saw the diet coke with lime and went home and poured myself a real Coke and added a slice of lime. It was good, but not what I had hoped. Lord, I must be an advertisers dream come true. Suggest something to me and I am trying it.

Yes it does PA! I'll have to try that next time! Which reminds me, I have a couple of limes right now so I can call hubby & get him to pick up a Coke on his way home from work! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom