Ice Cubes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappuccinochic

Assistant Cook
It's getting warmer so i am making the most of it and drinking iced coffee!

I just made Vanilla ice cubes to blend with it. Almond milk + vanilla + sugar!

Does anyone else have some refreshing ice cube ideas?

But you want to know for real, I've only used leftover juice, citrus or coffee or tea so the ice didn't dilute the drinks.

Like Whiska, I freeze extra coffee to use in iced coffee. My sister likes flavored hot and iced coffee so she stirs a little syrup into the coffee before she freezes it.

Are you looking for ice for coffee specifically or are you just looking for non-standard ice cubes in general?

For the coffee, a little milk (or equivalent) mixed with cinnamon and a little caramel syrup would probably be good. Chocolat syrup and vanilla mixed with leftover coffee or milk of some sort might be good. Chocolate syrup and almond milk are awesome together and might make good ice cubes. Hazelnut flavoring be good mixed into some kind of milk or leftover coffee. If you are looking for an adult beverage, would something like Bailey's freaze into ice cubes?

Are you looking for ice for coffee specifically or are you just looking for non-standard ice cubes in general?

For the coffee, a little milk (or equivalent) mixed with cinnamon and a little caramel syrup would probably be good. Chocolat syrup and vanilla mixed with leftover coffee or milk of some sort might be good. Chocolate syrup and almond milk are awesome together and might make good ice cubes. Hazelnut flavoring be good mixed into some kind of milk or leftover coffee. If you are looking for an adult beverage, would something like Bailey's freaze into ice cubes?

Ooo Bailey's ice cube sounds good. I also like the idea of adding syrup to frozen coffee and i like a hint of vanilla. Might try that tonight!

Tehe Whiskadoodle those reviews made me giggle!!

:LOL: I didn't read all the comments but the ones I did were funny! "Free Range water"? Needed a laugh.
You can just feel the desperation of the person who wrote the recipe, can't you?

Her family are probably related to the people who are congenitally incapable of replacing the toilet roll when they've used the last sheet! To say nothing of their cousins who put the empty milk bottle back in the 'fridge

You can just feel the desperation of the person who wrote the recipe, can't you?

Her family are probably related to the people who are congenitally incapable of replacing the toilet roll when they've used the last sheet! To say nothing of their cousins who put the empty milk bottle back in the 'fridge

I ranted and raved all through the teen years about that! So they started leaving about 2 tablespoons in the carton!!!!!

SO glad not to have to deal with teens any more.

Just loved the ice cube recipe............nice one:LOL:Thanks for brightening my day! I make lemon or lime juice ones to go with Gin & tonic or in Coca-cola etc. They're good.

Just loved the ice cube recipe............nice one:LOL:Thanks for brightening my day! I make lemon or lime juice ones to go with Gin & tonic or in Coca-cola etc. They're good.

Just tried the lemon and lime idea, yummy ! :) the other day i used Caffe Cagliari pods to make my iced coffee cubes the traditional way (frozen coffee)

it tasted great, what coffee do you use for your frozen ice cubes ?

Thanks so much for posting this. I always regretted that I missed the day they taught ice cube making at culinary school. When I catered we needed much more than you could make yourself so we purchased prefrozen cubes by the bagful.

I never knew you could make it at home! :ohmy:

A note to the OP - I am in no way making fun of you (just the silly recipe) - I too use coffee or tea (or even lemon juice diluted in water) to make cubes for tea or coffee. For punch we used to always freeze a fruit filled ring of juice to look pretty and not further dilute it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom