Iced Tea Syrup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
This is the best way I have found to make iced tea. It's just the perfect sweetness and it's nice and clear and tastes great. I got it from a friend of mine, and she's from OHIO, they're not supposed to make iced tea this good unless they're transplanted there!!! LOL Thanks Carol!! :D

boil 4 cups of wtaer
turn off heat
add 11 regular size tea bags
let steep 5-7 minutes
remove tea bags and DO NOT SQUEEZE
add 1 1/4 cups sugar and stir until dissolved
store in refrigerator

TO USE: put ice in glass, add 1/4 cup of the tea syrup and 1 cup of cold water. Stir well.

This is a great way to make this amount of tea. The syrup sure doesn't take up a lot of room and it stays fresher for longer. I now make it this way all the time.

EDITED TO SAY that a friend of mine used to make this and he froze some because he was going out of town. Six months later he used it and it was still good!!! What a great way to make bunches of tea for big get-togethers!! Of course, now I question our friendship 'cause he never told me about this stuff!!!!:p Just kidding, after 25 years I think I'll keep him!:cool:

LOL jo!!!!!!

You will LOVE it. I sound as posessed about this as I am about sushi!!:rolleyes:

I made my next batch with decaf tea - I just had to add a little more sugar to cover that certain decaf taste but it turned out great too!!!

I edited my tea syrup post so take a look!!:D

Elf, you've got the secret to good tea......STEEPED, not BOILED and don't squeeze the bags! The boiling and squeezing is what will bring out the sediments, causing the bitter taste, and cloudiness. Yes, I'm a "tea nut" ....love my hot cuppa in the winter too!

Norma, I heated a cup of this tea this morning and added a little milk (it's that English coming out in me:rolleyes: ) It was great! (do you know how confusing it is to be half English and half Hungarian Gypsy??? One is so darn proper and the other is....well....just a tad wild and improper! Does this make me a well-balanced person or just totally confused and disoriented??)

Here it is cold and near freezing but this tea sounds like such a good idea that think I'll give it a try now thanks

LOL - growing up I lived in Cleveland Ohio - right on the lake - and my mother made iced tea all winter long - all my friends came over for her iced tea - they thought she was the neatest mom having this when it was so cold out but it was soooo good!!!

You can also add the appropriate amount of water and heat it for hot tea! We like ours with evaporated milk and a little sugar.

Thanks for stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom