"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 11-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #41
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i got a gift of a primula tea set last christmas that i use on lazy sunday mornings.

primula teas are a small ball of light gren teas tied around jasmine flowers. you drop it into the glass pot of boiling water and as it steeps, the ball of tea "blooms". that is that the outer leaves of green tea swell and open to expose the jasmine flower inside.

Primula Tea: Blooming Teas, Flowering Teas, Artisan Teas

I have that set and lots of tea, I like taking them to work and wowing everyone.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, must be a slow day at work, fee, huh?

if i tried that, i'd get mocked out of my shop. the only reason the geeks i call coworkers let me drink earl grey is captain picard drank it, hot.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 AM   #43
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, must be a slow day at work, fee, huh?

if i tried that, i'd get mocked out of my shop. the only reason the geeks i call coworkers let me drink earl grey is captain picard drank it, hot.
They love all my geek toys at work...I also have an Inginuitea Tea Pot...they are always asking to borrow it. It seems to help that I work with a bunch of women.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #44
Master Chef

I guess I thought it would be obvious the hot toddy is for adults who are not alcoholics or pregnant! meant it more in terms of having a cold. But the honey/ginger combo might help the nausea, assuming you like ginger.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #45
Everymom

Is anyone else especially particular about their teapots? I don't like to make herbal tea in my "black" teapot, or vice versa. I find there is enough residual flavor that it mars the tea I'm about to enjoy. Is that just me?

Tea mug or tea cup? I'm a mug girl most of the time, I like to have a LOT of tea. My dad used to only drink his tea out of bone china tea cups. It tickled me to see those enormous hands being so gentle and delicate with a floral teacup. When I feel reminiscent, I use one of his cups for my tea and think of him.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Is anyone else especially particular about their teapots? I don't like to make herbal tea in my "black" teapot, or vice versa. I find there is enough residual flavor that it mars the tea I'm about to enjoy. Is that just me?

Tea mug or tea cup? I'm a mug girl most of the time, I like to have a LOT of tea. My dad used to only drink his tea out of bone china tea cups. It tickled me to see those enormous hands being so gentle and delicate with a floral teacup. When I feel reminiscent, I use one of his cups for my tea and think of him.
I have separate pots for herbal and black (and green) teas. But, I want a pot that can go in the dishwasher.

We were gifted a really nice pot. It was large, it didn't drip, and it had one of those inserts for tea leaves. I am so mad at myself. I dropped one of my Copco (enamelled cast iron) lids on it. Back to the old brown one that piddles when you pour tea.

I prefer a mug for my tea at home. A client made this one and I use it all the time.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #47
Everymom

Oh I love that mug! I had one that was handmade and I dropped it on the ceramic tile floor. Wow that was a lot of pieces! This is my favorite teapot. It can sit on a stove burner and it can go in the dishwasher. It isn't cheap though!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #48
Senior Cook

I don't really use a teapot. I just heat water in a kettle and then pour it into my mug with teabags.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #49
Senior Cook

Funny thing about the White Christmas Tea by Stash. My local grocery store has a very good tea selection for some reason, and I think they carry every Stash type of tea except the Christmas blend. I checked yesterday, and had to shake my head and laugh.

I ended up getting Mint Magic from Celestial Seasonings. It's very good!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #50
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbuter View Post
Funny thing about the White Christmas Tea by Stash. My local grocery store has a very good tea selection for some reason, and I think they carry every Stash type of tea except the Christmas blend. I checked yesterday, and had to shake my head and laugh.

I ended up getting Mint Magic from Celestial Seasonings. It's very good!
They might bring it in for a Christmas special if they generally stock Stash. My grocery store will only bring it in in December. I'm so addicted though I buy it in caselots of 120 bags at a shot!