Porcini Latte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay for the PTB. As for the ziplocs, maybe you should do what I do with my chocolate supply. I have DH hide the box I keep it in (no Barbara, it isn't still in the fireplace!) so I can't find, or even smell it. Then when I need it (for cooking, not craving), he brings me exactly what I need and finds a new hiding place just in case! :whistling

Trust me, I would be able to find them...the aroma is that strong. I hide chocolate for Shrek that way...then when he wants chocolate at 2 in the morning, 3 feet of snow on the ground and wind at 50 MPH, I don't have to go outside to get him any.

They do have a strong aroma...

We have them in a double bag, in a plastic bin and you can smell em...

Might be time to see what can be made... I wonder how candy cap latte would be. :)

Now I have to try that...after a porcini latte'. I'm also going to use the hydration water from the porcinis to make some tea, see if that tastes better than the shiitake.

I do think they mapley flavor will mix nicely.

When we first tried the ice cream I felt like it had a mapley flavor with an undertone of coffee.

Shrek says the aroma reminds him of some kind of Christmas candy from his youth (long time ago:ROFLMAO:) and he's going bonkers trying to remember it.

I'm not remeinded of maple specifically, it's something else...but darned if I can pinpoint it!

I'm off to find that Cheesecake recipe.

Back
Top Bottom