PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may not show in the end, but the Vikings are an improved team over the last 2 weeks. Congratulations Brown's fans.
We didn’t’ make wings. Hanky Pankies are a keeper. Don’t skimp on the cheese if you make these. I think this (along with grilled cheese) might be one time Velveeta would work. One half recipe makes a lot. We are stuffed, well I am. She brought over a loaf of zucchini carrot bread too.

Pac, I think you captured the fundamental meaning of Viking food. Pale, white food is a common denominator. And the added cod is true to Scand. cuisine. Good thing you have a colorful bowl. Now, how did it taste.

Thanks, Whiska.
How did it taste? I'll eat the leftovers. I won't make it again :LOL:
I didn't want to deviate from the original recipe much, even though I realize the Vikings probably added whatever they had on hand to this. It was somewhat bland. I wish I had added more honey kept running through my mind. I liked the steel cut oats, but it probably would have been better with barley. I love barley.

And something was on our side today, Andy. On the road even. Amazing.

My next entry is Green Soup. I made it according to the recipe and it was fantastic. Simple and good.

Attachments

• Viking green soup.jpg
    Viking green soup.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 150
CG, even if it means eating porridge every Sunday? :LOL:
Even if you end up having to put your Hanes on backwards! :LOL: It's only weird if it doesn't work. ;)

I hear ya though. Where did this team come from? We showed signs when we played the Ravens, but we actually looked like a team out there today...
I don't see OR hear the games, just watch the little moving ball on the drawing of a field. Today I didn't even see that what with the Tribe in the playoff hunt. However, I did catch a bunch of Andre Knott's postgame show on WTAM. If you are so inclined, tune into wtam.com after the games to listen via "I *heart* radio". Andre's been the Browns sideline reporter for a few years now. He's also going to be on WTAM starting at 3:00 on Monday on the Mike Trivisonno show, and some former Brown player will be in during the 5:00PM hour. Sorry, don't remember who.

I'm not sure I follow you, pag. I'm not out to make common foods, but rather foods a place is known for, or that has some association. Google Detroit foods or cuisine and square Sicilian pizza and Coney Island dogs come up more than the food items you mentioned. But yes, of course Michigan people eat other things :LOL:

I lived the first 21 years of my life within 30 miles of Detroit and never had a Coney Island type of hotdog or a Sicilian pizza. I saw that result on Wikipedia but I honestly don't know where that idea came from. When I lived there, Detroit was known for Greektown, fresh fish and Polish/German food.

I guess things have changed in the almost 30 years since then.

Could be they have, GG.
The bottom line is this is a game of perception. I really don't care whether or not a fried pork tenderloin sandwich is eaten more in Iowa than it is Indiana, but when half my searches turn up that Indianapolis is noted for it's fried pork tenderloin sandwiches, that's what I'm making. :-p

PPPC-II week 4, Browns and Bengals, Cincinnati Chili on today's menu :yum:
I'm just getting ready to throw a zillion ingredients into the DO and get it started. That way it can sit while and when I get hungry I'll only need to boil water for the spaghetti.

Chili on spaghetti... with copious amounts of cheddar cheese... tasty stuff :yum:

Attachments

• wk4 Cincinnati.jpg
    wk4 Cincinnati.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 149
It does look good...

wings for Thursday? :mrgreen:

Thanks Frank.
And you *guessed* it :LOL:
This will still be new to me though, as I can't remember the last time I fried wings. Grilled wings just wouldn't be Buffalo wings.

Thanks CG. It may jut be today's lunch, too, but it'd so dang filling I better check my afternoon schedule, lol.

For good or ill, I refrained from participating this week...Whaddaya know??!?
The 'Skins actually won!
What does this mean? Not sure, but like that beer commercial says, "It's only weird if it doesn't work." :cool:

Back
Top Bottom