"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Cooking Contests

Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
The date isn't set in stone yet Alix. I am even wondering if we should leave it until mid September after holidays are over, families are back in routine, etc. And anyone can submit any time they want.

To be truthful, I would almost like to just make this a thread rather than a contest - anyone can submit at any time and see how long we can keep it going - any comments everybody?
set it up any way you want Laurie and count me in. I'd love to do this only prob is a picture I just might have to strong arm Gina and see if she will help me.
kades

Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #32
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
The date isn't set in stone yet Alix. I am even wondering if we should leave it until mid September after holidays are over, families are back in routine, etc. And anyone can submit any time they want.

To be truthful, I would almost like to just make this a thread rather than a contest - anyone can submit at any time and see how long we can keep it going - any comments everybody?
Instead of a GCC make it a "What's your best...." like I did with the burgers.

I had wanted to do a bunch more of those this summer (best pasta salad, potato salad, grilled veggie dish, etc) but things just go far to busy here and the summer seems to have flown by.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #33
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Maybe instead of our GC Challenges in the summer, we should do a "What's Your Best...?" Everyone seems so busy in the Summer, the Challenges are better suited to thinking about and managing while snowed in.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Maybe instead of our GC Challenges in the summer, we should do a "What's Your Best...?" Everyone seems so busy in the Summer, the Challenges are better suited to thinking about and managing while snowed in.
I agree. We could do one dish meals, casseroles, grilled foods and tons of others. And it would be a lot less work than a 4 or 5 course meal. I am all for it!

I am also in on this one too.

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #35
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, so this is now officially "What's your Best Overall (or Signature) Dish? I will reiterate all the rules and outlines in a separate thread after I wrap my head around it. Everyone who was planning to enter okay with this? It is essentially the same, but a little less formal.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm good with that! Go for it LP!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #37
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Sounds good to me!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Sounds good. Can't wait to read everyone's posts.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
set it up any way you want Laurie and count me in. I'd love to do this only prob is a picture I just might have to strong arm Gina and see if she will help me.
kades
I've decided to not do this. I'm sure it will be a big hit.
ma
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Their are three GW spawn that would disagree with you on that. Sorry, we tease my dad all the time about repeating his stories and he gets and hears "Yes dad, you told me about it yesterday," more often than he'd probably like.
I see that I'm just going to have to live new stories. But that's a bit harder to do now that DW is slower, and all the kids have grown up and are creating their own stories that they can over-tell to their kids.

Or maybe, muhuahahahaha, I can start telling stories about my kids, and some of their "notable" exploits. Hmmmm. Let me think. P.A.G. & Sprout, now what are the most interesting things that they have done.

Oh, and I like the thread idea. It opens up the game more, makes it accessible to more people. That's a great idea. I still like the contest because it really challenges those who participate to step out of their comfort zone and try new things. But like was said, that's more practical when time isn't so precious as it is in summer.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote