Butternut Squash Soup, Avocado, Spinach and more - what to make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK everyone, I forgot to soak beans yesterday and now I'm behind on a meal, can you help us out??? :ohmy:

I have a quite a few things, but not enough to match any recipes I have, especially because I have NO tomatoes, except a tiny amt of sun-dried ones. Here are ingredients that have no specific future plans that I could use:

1 tetrapak of Butternut Squash Soup (low sodium, ugh)
1 lb of frozen ground pork
1 small bag of frozen spinach
1 ripe avocado
lots of carrots
1/2 a green bell pepper
.1 oz of sun-dried tomatoes

dairy options
plenty of plain yogurt, butter, sour cream, mayonnaise
.8 lb each of australian cheddar & gouda

uncooked grains/legumes that don't take a day:
1/4 cup of mung beans
lots of brown rice
(i do have lots of black beans & pinto beans for future recipe ideas too)

herbs & spices
fresh oregano
fresh cilantro
a tiny bit of fresh parsley
almost every standard dried spice (no saffron ;))

and nearly every gluten-free ingredient for baking.

Feel free to come up with more than recipe for tonight - happy to have more ideas to go through this right now! :idea:

Thank you!!!

Oh, and I forgot to list the 2 bags of Frozen cubed Butternut Squash. Feel free to post ideas still - this will just be a meal for tomorrow instead! THANK YOU!!!

The link I posted to the pork chili with mole is made without soaking the beans. I don't see any reason you couldn't substitute ground pork for the pork chunks, skip the chocolate. Throw in the peppers, soak the sun dried tomatoes and add those. It would be nice if you had some tomato sauce or canned tomatoes. The link is in the "what's in your fridge door" thread.

We're starving here - Any ideas??? THANK YOU!

Thanks, but I'm hoping for a recipe that doesn't require so much substitution. I don't think ground pork is going to hold up to braising in water, and I'm betting there's a lot of flavor in that. Plus, not a fan of chili sans tomato. But I'll put it on my list for when I have those things! Incidentally, I *do* have baking cocoa, powdered and a dark chocolate bar. Mmm...

Any other ideas people? I was thinking more along the lines of something with the butternut squash in the squash soup with spinach, but I don't know what else I'd add or how to spice it. Or if ground pork would be awful or great in that.

Your ideas are much appreciated! And much needed! Thanks!

Thanks, but I'm hoping for a recipe that doesn't require so much substitution. I don't think ground pork is going to hold up to braising in water, and I'm betting there's a lot of flavor in that. Plus, not a fan of chili sans tomato. But I'll put it on my list for when I have those things! Incidentally, I *do* have baking cocoa, powdered and a dark chocolate bar. Mmm...

Any other ideas people? I was thinking more along the lines of something with the butternut squash in the squash soup with spinach, but I don't know what else I'd add or how to spice it. Or if ground pork would be awful or great in that.

Your ideas are much appreciated! And much needed! Thanks!

Cook mini meatballs and add them to the finished soup.:chef:

warm butternut squash salad would be delicious - oven bake the squash and serve over the spinach with chunks of avocado, with sun dried toms on the side.

Back
Top Bottom