Pork Chops, dates & beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
I can use other ingredients from the pantry, but the above three (bone-in pork chop, dates and beer) must be in the recipe.

I was thinking of rough chopping the dates, some onions, diced bacon and sauteeing them in the beer (dark). Drain and add some bread crumbs to make a stuffing. Stuff the pork chops and grill them along with some bacon wrapped stuffed dates as an appetizer.

Does any one have any other suggestions? My brain is in a slow fog this AM and can't get it into gear :sleep:

I can use other ingredients from the pantry, but the above three (bone-in pork chop, dates and beer) must be in the recipe.

I was thinking of rough chopping the dates, some onions, diced bacon and sauteeing them in the beer (dark). Drain and add some bread crumbs to make a stuffing. Stuff the pork chops and grill them along with some bacon wrapped stuffed dates as an appetizer.

Does any one have any other suggestions? My brain is in a slow fog this AM and can't get it into gear :sleep:

Sounds good, you could also stuff the chops, lay in a pan on a rack and use the beer as a roasting liquid.

Personally, I would put the dates in a bowl, fry the chops make gravy and drink the beer... I have a feeling the dates are going to be pretty sweet and could over power the flavor of the pork.

I'm definitely not going to waste the rest of the beer...it's an 18 oz bottle of Samuel Smith 'Nut Brown Ale' :-p

I may make a marinade out of the beer for the chops, good idea. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom