Refried pinto beans, white rice; had beans on tortillas with eggs this am

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, so my 2-yr old son's been begging for beans for days now, so my partner made them - plenty of onion, garlic, and some cumin and sea salt in them.

We had them spread on corn tortillas with cheesy scrambled eggs and salsa on top for breakfast. But we need to eat these again, and now I have jasmine rice made to go with it, but how can I change up the meal?

We're having corn-on-the-cob on the side (great deal straight from local organic farm! and my son LOVES it)...

other than that we have:

tomato paste, tons of almost all spices, fresh cilantro, fresh basil,

4 oz. cheddar cheese, almonds, peanut butter

pork sausage,

random veggies: carrots, red cabbage, yellow squash, celery, crimini mushrooms, onions, brussel sprouts, frozen green beans, frozen peas, frozen butternut squash...

and i don't have any salsa left, and the two heirloom tomatoes i bought are reserved for making some corn salsa with the cilantro. i just don't have time before THIS meal to make it.

Any ideas??? I look forward to your creative suggestions!

Last edited:
Do a southwest stirfry: cooked rice, bits of vegetables, like onion, use some spice like cumin and paprika (smoked, maybe), tomato paste could be added, too. I like to saute it with my veggies to camalize it a bit and bring out the natural sugars. You could do the rice raw, like a pilaf with these ingredients, too. Serve with beans and tortillas on the side, or make it all into a burrito: rice, beans, cheese. Add a bit of shredded cabbage for crunch.

Back
Top Bottom