Food Left Out, Spoilage concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my god! do all of those poor people in africa and india know about this? we shouldn't be sending them food. it'll just make them sick.

we should be sending them hand sanitizer and refrigerators.

and luggage.

Okay. I left a package of frozen (about 1.5 lbs) ground beef on my counter last night from 7 pm to 12 am this morning.
It was in a foodsaver vacuumed bag sealed and was only slightly chilly when I picked it up and put it in the fridge.
I want to make stuffed peppers today.
Is it safe?

Okay. I left a package of frozen (about 1.5 lbs) ground beef on my counter last night from 7 pm to 12 am this morning.
It was in a foodsaver vacuumed bag sealed and was only slightly chilly when I picked it up and put it in the fridge.
Is it safe?

Sure it is RB. It was still frozen for much of the five hours.

I'd use it. It was vac sealed and still chilly, not warm or room temp.

Is it safe?
If it is from a large commercial manufacturer it may not have been safe to begin with:ohmy:

Har, har...

I agree, people have different tolerances. We regularly eat left over rice left in the rice cooker 24 hours later.
Just last night my wife made a large pot of beef curry and we had some of that for dinner. The pot, still 3/4 full, was left on the stove top all night. This morning I packed some of that and some rice to take for lunch. I put my lunch in the fridge when I got to work.

Last edited:
I agree, people have different tolerances. We regularly eat left over rice left in the rice cooker 24 hours later.
Just last night my wife made a large pot of beef curry and we had some of that for dinner. The pot, still 3/4 full, was left on the stove top all night. This morning I packed some of that and some rice to take for lunch. I put my lunch in the fridge when I got to work.

Why? Why not refrigerate?

Oh, we do, if we don't forget. Or we simply don't have that extra space in the fridge for the big pot.
Sometimes, the pot is still too warm to put in the fridge before going to bed so it sits out all night...

Just a suggestion...dump all the rice into a big zip lock bag for the fridge. A bag like that can squeeze between items even in the most crowded fridge.

Just a suggestion...dump all the rice into a big zip lock bag for the fridge. A bag like that can squeeze between items even in the most crowded fridge.

Thanks, we do that as well, but often times the rice just sits in the cooker til the next day.... I know, I know...... we're just messed up when it comes to safe food handling...

If bacillus hits, you'll never, ever do that again...

That's just all too sad but true Jenny.

Since I was really at death's door once with food poisoning, it makes me sad to see people I care about taking unnecessary chances with their lives.

We here are blessed with having refrigeration available to us and yet some are so disrespectful of that privilege they play Russian Roulette claiming they have a superior resistance to food poisoning. Really?

I just don't get it.:wacko:

How many pages do you think BT?

Many hundreds of pages is my bet, going over this same subject with the history of DC.

Remember the guy who left chicken in his trunk for the weekend?

Last edited:
lol, k-l. really? asking the same question to answer a question? :neutral:

do you know my wife? :ermm:

but, i do remember the trunk chicken guy. i guess there really are stupid questions, and we shouldn't respond to them and hope the doofus figures it out on his or her own. eventually, we'd all agree after 1 answer on everything.

ja wohl, mein herr!

i wish we could get to 100, or even 14, but with new and different people responding with new and original opinions. it just might teach us something; some different way of looking at things that embiggens us all.

and at least keep those completely sure of themselves entertained.

Back
Top Bottom