Links to soup recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stark

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a sticky with links to all the recipes that are tried and true favourites?

Sorry if this has been asked before, or it is readily visible, I am still learning how to navigate this forum. :D

I am looking to make a chicken soup, and want to see what recipes are here to compare to my own, and possibly tweak it.

I have the stock done, now need to see what others add.

Cheers!

Hi,

OK, thanks.

Got any fav's you care to point out?

Ever thought of a sticky with that function to keep links to T&T's?

Cheers!

What kind of soup are you looking for Stark?

Cream, beef, veggies, Chicken?

Hi,

Just your basic chicken soup, so far I have made the stock and strained it.

Now I have added carrots, celerey, and a fresh half chicken for the meat.

Just looking to see other's recipes to get ideas on what else to add.

Things like, should I add a box of Campbells chicken stock? barley? lentils? pasta? onions? potatoes?

How much salt to add, I have added any yet, as it is best used to bring our flavours at then end from my experience.

So just looking to see what others do to make my own better.

:D

I add... parsley, thyme, garlic, celery, carrots, onions, pepper, and salt to mine. I boil the noodles and add them to my bowl of soup separately from the broth. I'm sorry I can't give you amounts. It's different each time. And YES, I do add a can or cans of stock if needed for flavor.

My chicken soup has onions, bell peppers, shrooms, carrots, celery, (optional) potatoes, bay leaf. I sometimes go all out and add the baby corn and water chestnuts. You can add fresh spinach, squash, turnip. My soup changes with the season, depending on whats fresh locally. Almost any root vegetable you like will work.

Back
Top Bottom