Companion gardening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that when you plant certain vegetables, flowers, and/or herbs next to each other, one benefits the other. I also know that you should avoid at all costs planting certain herbs, vegetables, and/or herbs next to one another.

I plan to move to Florida in about 2 weeks and do a fall garden; the area where I'll be living is southwest Florida and the gardening zone is 9. I'll also be planting them from seed.The vegetables I plan to plant are these:

broccoli
spinach
carrots

onion (don't whether red or yellow....depends on which variety is best suited to grow in Florida)

cabbage
lettuce (romaine lettuce)
scallions
sugar snap peas

Of these vegetables, which would you recommend planting next to one another? That is, which benefit each other the most when grown next to each other?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information with the link. I do have one question. In the pdf file, it says a number of vegetables are companions with anything in the cabbage family. Is broccoli a part of the cabbage family? It doesn't have broccoli and what grows well next to it and what to avoid planting next to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom