The Universal Potato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im more than willing to share.
If they just took one or two potatoes and spit it among themselves, i would be fine. Heck, I'd even cook a few up for them how ever they'd like.
But to take a few bites out of every $%*&# one of them is just not right!!!!

First pic was 2 years ago, when i Initially had the problem.
Second pic, was last year, with my 5 or 6 varieties of potatoes. By this point, with the wire and pot method, I eliminated most of the vol/rat destruction ( except a few areas which ill take care of this upcoming year )
Third pic, is me putting my wife and son to work picking the potatoes.

The picture of your family picking potatoes made me think of the old farmers line that was doled out to cranky kids who refused to pick potatoes. "If you are old enough to sit up to the table and eat potatoes you are old enough to pick potatoes!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The picture of your family picking potatoes made me think of the old farmers line that was doled out to cranky kids who refused to pick potatoes. "If you are old enough to sit up to the table and eat potatoes you are old enough to pick potatoes!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thats a great quote!

We actually look forward to picking potatoes.
It kinda represents the end of the summer for us.
We usually do it the day we get back from our last summer vacation, around Labor Day. This year, my daughter ( a teenager) decided not to join us, probably because its not a ' cool' thing to do.
In my opinion, she missed out :)

Thats a great quote!

We actually look forward to picking potatoes.
It kinda represents the end of the summer for us.
We usually do it the day we get back from our last summer vacation, around Labor Day. This year, my daughter ( a teenager) decided not to join us, probably because its not a ' cool' thing to do.
In my opinion, she missed out :)

I agree, these projects are about making memories. :)

Great pictures, Larry! You got quite a harvest last year! Wow!

Thanks, Chief, for the information on potato towers. I might give them a try.

Happy gardening everyone!

Back
Top Bottom