"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison

Old 11-02-2004, 09:25 AM   #21
Senior Cook

nope not yet, since their board is , how do you say, nothing gets posted until they read it and approve it, I will have to find a way to mention it that they cant help but let the message go through

Old 11-03-2004, 07:23 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Vilasman1, as grateful as I am to you for taking the time to post my question to the KitchenAid forum, the replies recieved so far are not exactly conclusive evidence against my argument. I'm still waiting and watching in the hopes that some solid proof is posted.

In the meantime, are you willing to run the pepperoni through the thick disk and see if it works? Any plans on making pizza? :)

Old 11-03-2004, 07:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott123
Vilasman1, as grateful as I am to you for taking the time to post my question to the KitchenAid forum, the replies recieved so far are not exactly conclusive evidence against my argument. I'm still waiting and watching in the hopes that some solid proof is posted.

In the meantime, are you willing to run the pepperoni through the thick disk and see if it works? Any plans on making pizza? :)
What do you mean, not conclusive? I have said it! Don't you believe me?
Old 11-04-2004, 02:59 AM   #24
Senior Cook

Choclatechef,

Quarter/half dollar diameter pepperoni
A kitchen aid food processor (not a mixer)
4 mm blade
1/8" thick slices

If you want to break out your processor and perform the experiment, I welcome your results.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Choclatechef,

Quarter/half dollar diameter pepperoni
A kitchen aid food processor (not a mixer)
4 mm blade
1/8" thick slices

If you want to break out your processor and perform the experiment, I welcome your results.
I do not need to scott!

When this question first arose, you made a statement, that "no food processor on this planet can handle thick slices of pepperoni". At that time, there was no mention by you of any specific model. Only now, after vilasman1's statement about his Kitchenaid, are you mentioning a specific brand.

I am not about to go out to purchase pepperoni I do not need in order to "prove it to you" because obviously you would not believe my posted results anyway. Otherwise, after my previous statements, you would not have continued to express doubts about the accuracy of my statements.

Now, I stated previously that either a Cuisinart DLC-X or a Robot Coupe Food Processor will be able to handle this task, as will a Rotary or a Pelican head attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer. Anyone with any knowledge of these machines and attachments would accept my statements without question. Apparently, you have no knowledge of them.

So for the record, so I won’t have to hear further doubts about there being “no food processor on this planet that will handle, I will give you the results of my online search for “proof” of the power and the ability of the Cuisinart DLC-X, and the Robot Coupe.

“The Cuisinart DLC-X Plus Food Processor provides unmatched performance and durability. The extra large 20 cup capacity Work Bowl is perfect for catering and restaurant use. Direct drive 1-1/2 horsepower induction motor delivers the ultimate in strength and efficiency and consumes less electricity than some smaller food processors.”
You will find this on this site: http://www.cuisinart.com/cgi-bin/ind...ood_processors a statement that this model cana slice pepperoni!

The Robot Coupe R2N was found on this site in my search: http://www.robotcoupeusa.com/d2a1b.html it is a Commercial/Restaurant machine! I own a Robot Coupe also, although I do not own a instruction manual!

“Specifications

Standard Model: Includes motor base unit with "On-Off" switch, 2 1/2-quart cutter bowl with stainless steel "S" blade, continuous feed unit with discharge plate, one medium 5/64" grating plate and one 5/32" slicing plate.

Electrical Requirements: 120V, 60Hz, 7.0 amps, single phase.

Motor: 1/2 HP, capacitor-type, fan-cooled, 1725 RPM.

Switching: "On-Off" push-type switch will not operate without bowl lid or feed locked in place.

Bowl Capacity: 2 1/2 quarts.

Please, in the future, when I say something emphatically -- believe it without all this fuss.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:20 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Chocolatechef, take it easy.

If you have a 20 cup Cuisinart and a thick slicing blade, that definitely meets the 'non commercial, non mixer' criteria that I've been talking about.

If you do eventually get around to buying pepperoni/making pizza, I would have no skepticism whatsover with the results you present. I welcome all feedback on this matter.

I know it's a lot to ask, but I want firsthand experience with pepperoni and processors. Hearing it 'will' do it, is not the same thing as it 'does' do it and "I've seen it do it." I truly believe that this could be pushing the machines parameters. Until I hear otherwise, I'm not budging. It's nothing personal.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:43 PM   #27

As long as you keep changing horses in the middle of the stream, you will never be convinced of anything -- regardless of evidence. Now you are saying "home food processor".

Yes, the 20 cup Cuisinart is large -- but it is not a "commercial" food processor, although it can be used in a commercial establishment.

But be that as it may, I am through telling you what you obviously refuse to hear. I notice you went on the Kitchenaid forum, and they also told you that their food processor will slice pepperoni.

Since nothing anyone can say can budge you, and you are happy in your rut ..... see ya.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Changing horses? The follow quote is from the very beginning of the discussion four days ago.

Quote:
There isn't a non commercial food processor on the planet that can do that.
And yes, I did go ask my question on the KitchenAid forum and so far, the only person who's replied has experience with thin slices. But I'm waiting and I'm watching.

As far as you being through 'telling' me anything, that's wonderful news. From the very beginning of this discussion you've been pushing the commercial processor/mixer angle, being completely oblivious to my "non commercial food processor" comment. If you want people to listen to you, listen to them first.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

what? lol, just kidding, couldn't resist

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #30
Senior Cook

What are you making, a salami bread? If you are, please give me the recipe.

Tags
None