"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
Senior Cook
I've not seen this show - but now I REALLY want to.

Fabiabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
I've seen the show more than a few times and am less than impressed with the whole thing. For one, Buddy does not know how to run a professional kitchen (bakery or otherwise). His sister Mary has far too much say in what is supposed to be his business. If she worked fr me, she wouldn't last more than a few days.

I have seen him pull ridiculous pranks on people, chide workers infront of other staff - a no no if ever there was one, and be bullied by family members in general and his mother in particular. They seem to forget they are not at home but in a place of business. Then we move on to the cakes. Disgudting. They are chunky and vulgar looking. There's no finesse in the products whatsoever - cakes/pastries/desserts are meant to be polished and delicate in appearance. I tend to think if he didn't own his own business, he wouldn't be employable.

SugarShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
I enjoy watching Buddy interact with his family...They can be dysfunctional at times and even childish! But all in all it's obvious that they really love each other! ...The cakes they create are fantastic! Wonderful art! I really enjoy the show.
BerryBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
I like cake, but make me not, although I see a lot of programs
wondero0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 AM   #15
Assistant Cook
Come to think of it, can ANYONE actually eat those cakes? They're so pretty! I'd rather leave it as a display in the museum than eat those masterpieces!

McAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote