The Chew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoodieFanatic

Senior Cook
I really enjoyed The Chew when it first came on. Now, too many games, talking over each other, they interrupt and have guests on who pretend to cook but don't. They are there to promote whatever project they are currently working on. Wish they'd show more Mario and Michael JMO.

I agree. I feel like the Chew has slowly gone the way of the food network, where the focus is not necessarily about cooking or learning to cook, but about the celebrity. Granted, they have their ratings to worry about, so they do what they think will attract the most viewers and sell the the most advertising dollars. What bothers me equally as much, is when someone comes to a show like The Today Show, or Good Morning America to cook, and they only give them like 2 minutes to basically rush through the recipe just to tell you to go to their website to retrieve the recipe. Id be insulted if I was on the show, and wasn't able to complete what I was doing, but everyone just goes to plug a book, movie or sell a product.

I've been in the audience for The Chew Several times ( along with a few other shows shot in NYC), and its all the same crap. A guy comes out before the show to pump up the audience. They tell you wen to clap, when to cheer, how hard to clap and cheer, when to ooh and aah, and when to laugh. I know they're just trying to make for good tv and entertainment, but if all the shows were that entertaining and great, they wouldn't have to do this :)

Sorry for going off on this topic, but its 4am , couldn't sleep and Im a bit cranky lol

When they first promoted the show before its first episode I though "oh, sure, Daphne Oz. Probably on there because of who her daddy is". I was sure she would be my least favorite. Not even close. IMO, can Carla be more annoying? :glare:

The real cooking segments with Michael (gotta give props to my fellow Clevelander) and Mario are great. Otherwise, fluff and stuff. I also enjoy the in-depth video segments when they visit a supplier or an off-location foodie paradise, but those seem to be fewer and further between.

I've gotten to the point where some days I watch just the beginning and ending segment, then check the website for the recipes. Finally, can't wait for the summer reruns to be over. :rolleyes:

That's why I like DC.
Fluff can be ignored.People around here get right down to it.We can at least interact with the poster of the recipe.It doesn't even cost a dime.

Now, give me an oh, hail Munky.:LOL:

I agree, Carla is annoying, even her husband said it when he was on the show. They asked him if she picked food off his plate at home, like she does with all of them (that drives me nuts!). He said she does it all the time. Why? She interrupts all the time and one time Michael told her, "Carla, this isn't your segment, be quiet." I was applauding!
More Mario, Michael, less of everyone else. It's becoming the Clinton Kelly/Carla Hall variety show...I turn it off when they start to dance.

And, yes, Hail Munky!

I starting watching from the very beginning. I like both Mario and Michael and I think Daphne is really hot, but the show has no substance, so I got a job and now I can't watch it any more, and I don't miss it.

Color me odd, I like the show. It beats the noon news when I'm eating my lunch. :D
I still watch it, Kayelle, but I'm not as dedicated as I was in the beginning. I still see snips during the summer, but I can't wait for the new episodes to start. I just hope someone puts Carla on Ritalin by then. :whistling

I really use to look forward to it at first. Now I find myself turning it on, hearing all of them talking over each other and Carla out of control. I turn it off. I'll keep trying,hoping it will get better, but that's like hoping FN will go back to instructional shows. It won't happen.��

Back
Top Bottom