"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
Head Chef

So how is everyone liking it so far?
I found last night's show to be a bit confusing
during the cook-off part of the show.
Gotta hand it to Bourdain, he did manage a complete
team of cuties! ;)

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #42
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
So how is everyone liking it so far?
I found last night's show to be a bit confusing
during the cook-off part of the show.
Gotta hand it to Bourdain, he did manage a complete
team of cuties! ;)
I like it so far. I just now saw this week's show on Hulu. I really hope foul-mouthed, arrogant Diane goes home soon.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I like it so far. I just now saw this week's show on Hulu. I really hope foul-mouthed, arrogant Diane goes home soon.
i hear what you're saying, barbara. but for some reason these shows, (like hell's kitchen) love their rude, obnoxious contestants. they tend to keep them around for as long as possible--long after the rest of the contenders and the majority of the audience have been nonstop clamoring for them to be kicked to the curb. the dianes of these shows never win, but they outstay their welcome-- incredibly, week after maddening week....
Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #44
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i hear what you're saying, barbara. but for some reason these shows, (like hell's kitchen) love their rude, obnoxious contestants. they tend to keep them around for as long as possible--long after the rest of the contenders and the majority of the audience have been nonstop clamoring for them to be kicked to the curb. the dianes of these shows never win, but they outstay their welcome-- incredibly, week after maddening week....
Yes, that is definitely true! Who could ever forget the super obnoxious "Johnny Fairplay" or Russell from Survivor, and irritating contestants on other shows? They make for good TV, but I'm always happy to see them go!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yes, that is definitely true! Who could ever forget the super obnoxious "Johnny Fairplay" or Russell from Survivor, and irritating contestants on other shows? They make for good TV, but I'm always happy to see them go!

Sooooo true !! They have to make us hate them so we can love it when they go LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Sooooo true !! They have to make us hate them so we can love it when they go LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

I haven't seen the show yet, but I like Nigella Lawson: Nigella Lawson refuses to be airbrushed into a 'plastic creation'

Good for her. I think she's gorgeous.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #48
Certified Cake Maniac

We finally got to watch this week's episode.

I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. I will keep tuning in, but there are some things that I am not fond of.

In the team challenge Nigella coached Lauren to add chicken skin and I think blood sausage? to her dish and that is what gave her the win. Then Lauren had immunity and floundered on her own. At the same time, Malarkey coached Micah to change his dish from tomato jam to tomato soup and then when they were picking said that it was mediocre. That seemed to knock Micah off his game and he was ousted. Is this to say they would be better off without the coaching? I'm not sure.

As for the personalities, I think others have already said what I could on the subject. These are reality shows, but the contestants are referred to as "casts" and that is exactly what they are. They are picked for their personalities as much as anything.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #49
Master Chef

i just tuned in to the taste, a bit late. looks like a lot of drama and confusion going on, with eye-rolling and back-stabbing competitors.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #50
Master Chef

another tuesday night, another taste. what's this? bourdain is turning into a big sentimental softy?! he was practically in tears, having to turn away one member of his kitchen team tonight. and they're only halfway through....