"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 08-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

I had a dinner party the other night and stuffed the chicken with goat cheese and arugula. Mix the goat cheese with minced garlic, salt & pepper the breads. Stuff the chicken pockets with goat cheese mixture and arugula. Pinch closed. Fry 4 min. Each side in olive oil. Add 3/4 cups of chicken stock and cook another 10 minutes. Excellent, everyone loved it !

Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Easy to see why congrats and good morning from North Wales

Old 08-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Never thought to stuff chicken with anything other than Swiss and ham. I saw some rolled and tied chicken breasts in the meat case at the grocery that had cheese and asparagus in them. They looked good. Has anyone done something like this? Maybe fan-cutting the breast and adding broccoli with the cheddar cheese would be good too!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuehnd View Post
I had a dinner party the other night and stuffed the chicken with goat cheese and arugula. Mix the goat cheese with minced garlic, salt & pepper the breads. Stuff the chicken pockets with goat cheese mixture and arugula. Pinch closed. Fry 4 min. Each side in olive oil. Add 3/4 cups of chicken stock and cook another 10 minutes. Excellent, everyone loved it !
Welcome to DC.

Josie
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

I'm toying the idea with stuffing the breasts with the cheese and spinach mixture we use for lasagna... Yum yum yum!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Never thought to stuff chicken with anything other than Swiss and ham. I saw some rolled and tied chicken breasts in the meat case at the grocery that had cheese and asparagus in them. They looked good. Has anyone done something like this? Maybe fan-cutting the breast and adding broccoli with the cheddar cheese would be good too!
I usually slice the chicken breast into thin slices by using a sharp knife. I flat the slices and make them more thin by pressing on them with my finger tips. I then place a slice of cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on top and then roll both of them. I then pierce a toothpick at the end to prevent the slices from rolling back. Then dip the chicken rolls in eggs followed by flour then bread crumbs. At last I deep fry them in sunflower oil.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mom
I usually slice the chicken breast into thin slices by using a sharp knife. I flat the slices and make them more thin by pressing on them with my finger tips. I then place a slice of cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on top and then roll both of them. I then pierce a toothpick at the end to prevent the slices from rolling back. Then dip the chicken rolls in eggs followed by flour then bread crumbs. At last I deep fry them in sunflower oil.
The tooth pics are a good idea. The chicken in the store was tied, but I don't always have the string on hand. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
The tooth pics are a good idea. The chicken in the store was tied, but I don't always have the string on hand. Thanks!
Try this one. It is very easy and turns out great!!

Tags
cheddar cheese, chicken, chicken breast, other