"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 03-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Idea's needed for cooking chicken

Well, me and the family is getting sick of the normal just cooking the chicken on top of the stove, what else can I do to cook the chicken, beside's just putting it in a big pan with potatoes, and cooking for 350+ for an hour or so, how can I roast it in the oven, or any other idea's to cook it, and alter the taste?

Old 03-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

What type of steask is it? What cut?

Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

It's actually chicken lol.. wow I have no idea why I put steak.. lmao sorry man.. wow
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

Chicken is very versitable. It can be cooked so many ways. You can bake it, fry it, braise it, roast it, grill it, BBQ it, make soup with it, stir fry it, and the list goes on.

Check out this Chicken forum. You will find TONS of recipes.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Marinate it in a dressing. I use Italian dressing. Then cook it however you like.

T'is better marinated at least overnight, and I prefer 24 hours. I then cook it on the GF grill. Sided with rice and veggies, you got yourself a pretty healthy meal!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Start looking back through the archives of this particular board, and you should find tons of chicken recipes. As was already mentioned, it's a very versatile meat.

I usually fry chicken legs, roast whole chicken, use leftover cooked chicken in soups/gumbo/jambalaya, etc. Sometimes I'll saute a chicken breast.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
One fun chicken recipe. Chicken breast malleted thin, rinse and salt and pepper. Panko bread crumbs, Zatarains chicken seasoning. mix in baggie.
egg batter(2 eggs) with milk salt and pepper. 1/4 oil in your skillet to fry.
Put your chicken breast in the egg batter (skinless or skin on) then place in your baggie. Shake till well coated. Place in hot oil. (you may double dip your chicken, depending on you) Once is plenty. Fry till a golden brown on each side. Hamburger buns, Lettuce Tomato, pickles cheese. Serve with cold buns or warm them up. Chips or Delicious Texas Fries..................... Good luck
Old 03-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Assistant Cook

chicken

Hi Chicago:

I use a large cast iron skillet but any large skillet will do as long as it has a metal handle so it can go in the oven:

Use chicken leg quarters (the supermarket will sell them in 10 pound bags for 39 or 49 c ents per pound. Great bargain and they have FLAVOR.

I like to wash them well and sprinkle with a cajun dry seasoning (Zatarans) makes a great one.

Let them sit out until room temperature sprinkle with the spice mix and put in a 450 degree oven (preheated) for 30 minutes. Ovens vary so adjust the time for future batches.

They are great as is or you can do several things with them:

1. When cool pull the meat off the bones put in skillet on stove and use two forks to schred. sprinkle with ground cumin, salt and pepper, caynne pepper if you want some heat. Cook for several minutes. Perfect for tacos, quesidillas, salads ect. These have a lots of flavor.

2. Slop BBQ sauce and finish in oven or grill.

3. The broth that is rendered during the original cooking process will be excellent for all recipes needing a good broth.

4. Look up a good chicken and dumpling recipe. Debone chicken and use the broth in the recipe.

good luck.

Bob
Old 03-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

i like making chicken in my crockpot, have you tried that?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

FIVE INGREDIENT CHICKEN Serving – 6
1/4 cup Dijon mustard, thinned w/ 3T water
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons rubbed sage or ground sage
2 teaspoons curry powder
4 pounds chicken pieces, skinned (dark meat is the best)
I prefer skin on thighs.They get very crusty and brown in this
In a small saucepan, add all ingredients, except chicken. Stir until sage and curry powder are well-blended. Place chicken pieces in a casserole or baking pan that crowds the chicken a little. Pour mustard sauce over chicken, and place in oven. Bake at 425 degrees, for approximately an hour. When chicken is golden brown and sauce has separated, transfer chicken to a serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm. Discard the chicken fat that has accumulated in baking pan. From

Tags
None