ISO Chicken wings help (sticking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
When I make chicken wings, have to put in oven on baking sheet. When they are finished I have hard time getting them off the baking sheet. Is there something I should do to try to keep the skin on? I do like to put some kind of sauce on them but what a mess! Thanks

ITK, try the non-stick foil sold by Reynolds. It's called "Release" and is amazingly non-stick. I keep a roll of it for purposes you are describing. It's a little expensive, but I don't use it that often. I'm glad I have it when I need it.

thanks

Do thank you. It is so messy when I have to let the pan soak. Katie, never knew there was no stick aluminum, sounds great. Parchment paper I do have but never thought about. Spraying the baking sheet sure didn't work for me, still had to scrape the skin off. I will try these and see results. Guess everyone knows what I go through with the sticking wings!

The foil that Miss Katie suggested will probably work. Also, if possible a heavier weight pan might also help. A couple of cast iron skillets maybe?

I bake my wings on my baking stone and have never had a problem with sticking. No need for oil or anything else.

I'm a traditionalist. I deep fry my chicken wings, exactly the way Frank & Teressa Bellissimo did. I also use their original sauce recipe, which a friend conveniently swiped while working his way through the University of Buffalo at the Anchor Bar!

Tried and Success

Aria said:
I am with Katie, Use Reynolds Release Foil.

You are right! First time I ever had wings that had half of them on the baking sheet. Thanks Katie, you are a winner. What a wonderful product. Worth the price when it helps like this. Next time I will try the parchment paper.

Any other successes keep us up to date. I never even take time to see something new. I do appreciate your time.

Alittle oil on the pan works for me... but Katies method sounds effective too, if its workin for ya, keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom