Oven roasted chicken or turkey wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
I always go after the wings on a roast chicken- or turkey! So I played around and found a way to roast just the wings so they have that 'roasted chicken flavor -

Make a mixture of enough olive oil to coat your wings (for about 6 wings, I use about a half cup of oil), add salt/lemon pepper, granulated garlic and onion (from Penzey's), and mix well. Cut off the tips of the wings, and then separate at the remaining joint. Preheat oven to 425. Place a cookie-cooling rack on a baking sheet, dip the wings in the oil mixture, and place on the rack. Put a little water in the bottom of the baking sheet, pop in the oven, cook for about 1/2 and hour, then turn and cook for another half hour or so - crispy on the outside, tender on the inside!

For turkey wings, just increase the cooking time by about a half hour.

I always bake my chicken wings, regardless of the spice recipe I'm using (Buffalo, Asian, etc.).

I section the wings (saving the little end tips for stock) & place them on a broiler pan - then season with whatever DRY seasonings I'm using. I then put them into a preheated 425-degree oven for 15 minutes, then drop the temp down to 400 for another 15 minutes. I then remove the pan from the oven, turn the wings over, season the other side, & put them back into the 400-degree oven for 15 minutes. I then raise the heat back up to 425 for a final 15 minutes. After they come out of the oven, I then toss them in a large bowl of whatever liquid sauce I might be using.

They always come out moist inside, but with a nice crispy exterior.

I love the wings too Marm,
your recipe looks perfect and since I'm on the way to grocery shop, I'll grab some wings and give it a try. Thanks for sharing:)

kadesma

Breezy, I used to do all that too, but trying to simplify my life a little, came up with this one which eliminates a few steps!

marmalady said:
Breezy, I used to do all that too, but trying to simplify my life a little, came up with this one which eliminates a few steps!
Hi Marmalady,
I made about 3 doz. wings with your recipe today and only have 4 left!!!
My gang hit that tray of wings like a bunch of starving vultures:ROFLMAO: Everyone said to say thank you, that these were the best wings they have had. Knowing my kids like I do, I'm going to be making these often. Thanks from me too, the recipe was quick and easy and tasty ...

kadesma:)

Tx, Kadesma - glad everyone liked it! Don't be afraid to experiment w/your own spice mixture; this is the one I use most often on roasting a whole chicken.

Back
Top Bottom