Spiced Turkey Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Another of these great recipes, do not remember where I got it. Ground turkey is bland to say the least and this really makes a great burger or could be turned into a meatloaf.

SPICE MIXTURE
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 Tbs packed brown sugar
1/2 Tbs green Thai curry paste (fine in Asian section of most markets)
1/2 tsp fish sauce (again in market, can substitute soy sauce)
1 Tbs unsweetened coconut milk, I substitute milk or canned milk

BURGERS
1-1/4 Lb ground turkey
2 carrots grated (about 1 cup)
1 small onion, finely diced
1+ jalapino, or chili of choice, veins/seeds removed and finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided

In small bowl mix together the spice ingredients. In another bowl mix the burger ingredients well. Brush burgers with spice mixture, and either broil, grill or fry. Baste with spice mixture. Serve on buns with other condiments of choice.

I have made this into a meatloaf and topped it with the spice mixture.

Well done again, norgeskog. I am printing this recipe as I type. Hopefully, I can get to the big city soon and do some real shopping. The local supermarket does not carry ground turkey. I am going to have to start buying it in bulk and putting it in the freezer.

SierraCook said:
Well done again, norgeskog. I am printing this recipe as I type. Hopefully, I can get to the big city soon and do some real shopping. The local supermarket does not carry ground turkey. I am going to have to start buying it in bulk and putting it in the freezer.

Happy you like this SierraCook. Do you shop at costco in Medford. My friends who live in Somes Bar go there once a month to shop. BTW when I make this using the 1-1//4 lbs ground turkey, this includes the meatloaf I posted, I make it all and weigh in portions for one meal for me, and freeze it in muffin tins or small loaf pans or just in patty form, BEFORE COOKING, so freeze in raw state. Then I bake 15 minutes or so longer and cook directly from the freezer. As I live alone this works for me so if I have someone over for dinner, just pull an extra portion out of the freezer.

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. Good stuff, gets a big thumbs up from me!!

5.gif

SierraCook said:
I made this recipe for dinner tonight. Good stuff, gets a big thumbs up from me!!

5.gif

Thanks SC, it seems you and I belong to somewhat of the samw organization???? love you cute little thumbs up smiley.

Back
Top Bottom