Supermarket “French” bread vs a real baguette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've made these. There is a bit of a crust, but not so much that the sandwich ingredients squirt out when eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-KvT1l-5AI

I've wrapped them individually in plastic wrap and froze them. To use, thaw them, and then heat in a 350 F oven for a few minutes to firm up the crust.

Tenspeed, I made these and we really liked them.
Were easy. Thanks for posting :yum:
Josie

As a Eurapean living in Italy and going frequently to France, the images shown bear no resemblance to what we have over here. I would suggest that you look at a few sites on Eurepean breads.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

As a Eurapean living in Italy and going frequently to France, the images shown bear no resemblance to what we have over here. I would suggest that you look at a few sites on Eurepean breads.

di reston
From what I've been able to gather, French commercial bakers have ovens with steam injectors, and U.S. home ovens don't. There are ways of getting steam into home ovens, though.

Here's an interesting read:

https://www.196flavors.com/france-baguette/

That's because the OP is not looking for that type of bread [emoji2] He said he didn't want a hard crust.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

JJ said he didn't want that kind of bread. He wants a softer supermarket version. Which is why I recommended AP flour and a quick ferment.

Back
Top Bottom