Supermarket French dinner rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I'm just saying that my 3 major nation supermarket chains nearby haven't carried packaged French Dinner Rolls in a long time. Von's , Albertsons and Ralph's supermarkets only carry packaged french rolls in the longer sandwich size. The only store that carries packaged french dinner rolls is Stater Brothers, which I have to drive a ways to buy. Yes, every store has their own bakery made french dinner rolls, but they are often hard crusted and they last about a week before going bad. The only packaged french dinner rolls I can buy are at the few Stater Bros. supermarkets. They last up to 3 weeks without going bad (preservatives probably). I'm not sure why all 3 major supermarket chains stopped carrying them, they all used to (Francisco brand).

:(

rolls.jpg

Last edited:
Did you look in their freezer section?

Thanks Addie, but I won't find them there. I do however like Pillsbury Flaky biscuits sometimes. I'm talking about everyday easy to heat up packaged french dinner rolls. I suppose the demand went down. Francisco Bakery has actually stopped making them. A shame if you ask me. They're so convenient and stay fairly fresh for weeks (mold doesn't start showing up 7 days later like with fresh bought).

Last edited:
Thanks Addie, but I won't find them there. I do however like Pillsbury Flaky biscuits sometimes. I'm talking about everyday easy to heat up packaged french dinner rolls. I suppose the demand went down. Francisco Bakery has actually stopped making them. A shame if you ask me. They're so convenient and stay fairly fresh for weeks (mold doesn't start showing up 7 days later like with fresh bought).

I know that we have Pepperidge Farms dinner rolls available. Fresh and frozen.

I know that we have Pepperidge Farms dinner rolls available. Fresh and frozen.

I'll check it, thanks Addie. I cut these in half and pop them in the toaster or cut them in half and spread on garlic butter and broil them in the toaster oven, or cut them in half and lightly toast them and spread on Deviled Ham, so convenient. I drive extra miles to get them now. The longer packaged french rolls cut in half won't do because they're sliced nearer the bottom half. Anyways, this is the end of my "whatever happened to this widely available product lament." :LOL:

Last edited:
In the bakery at both the nat’l chain markets near me, (Albertson’s belongs to Von’s and Smith’s belongs to Kroger), they have in-store take and bake French rolls. They’re pre-baked, so you just pop in the oven for a few minutes to brown the crust a bit and warm them. They’ve got other take and bake breads too.

Pillsbury sells French bread in a can, you know! Very convenient if kneading’s fust NOT in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom