Hallelujah! I've finally conquered biscuits!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, Kayelle. I missed that link, but it is the one I used and it is nothing short of fantastic. The only thing I didn't do was to place the biscuits 1 inch apart. I put them on the baking sheet "almost" touching. That's how I like to bake my biscuits, homemade or otherwise.

Thanks for the tip Addie. I didn't know that and I've never seen White Lily flour in California, at least where I live. Cake flour it is! ;)

Nope, I see from this we don't have it here......
White Lily® - Where to Buy

That wasn't a tip, Addie is just trying to rile me.

Of course I am not a biscuit maker so I don't get fussy over the flour. I was just reporting what I have seen in the past. :)

That wasn't a tip, Addie is just trying to rile me.

Of course I am not a biscuit maker so I don't get fussy over the flour. I was just reporting what I have seen in the past. :)

No I wasn't. I was just passing along some of my own knowledge. White Lily or cake flour, great for making light biscuits. Not so great for making a hearty bread. For that I would suggest King Arthur bread flour. :angel:

Made a batch of these for big Sunday breakfast. Turned out really well. Tender and flakey. Followed the instructions exactly except for use of food processor to cut in butter.

ForumRunner_20130127_094738.jpg

I took advantage of the 14 day trial of the digital version of Southern Living, and the biscuit recipe is in there. Looks like a beautiful magazine, I think that I'll keep the subscription past the trial period!

I was doing a job for TV Guide. TV Guide is the distributor for most of the magazines you see in the supermarkets today. Every week copies of magazines that were for the coming months would come to the office first. I received a copy of Southern Living. Vol. 1, Issue 1. I took it home and sent it to Paula Deen's Aunt Trina. She is always referring to her. They grew up together. At first the magazine didn't do too well, so they stopped publishing, But they got bags of mail and decided that they made a bad judgement and started up publishing again.

Why did I sent it to Trina? My kids would have no idea of what is of value and what isn't. I knew Trina would appreciate it. She still has it to this day.

Just a quick note. When you talk to Trina and then listen to Paula, you would never know they grew up together in the same household. Paula's accent is put on. When she first started out, a lot of folks said that Paula's accent was put on. "Put on? I will show them what a put on accent is." And so she has. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom