"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sourdoughs

Old 09-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
My brother's first wife started that with my family once upon a time, it was disgusting, the cake that you made with it was terrible, I don't know what she was thinking.

Years ago a friend gave me a starter that came with a recipe for a cinnamon type quick bread and that was really delicious, I'd love to make it again but don't have the patience for a starter for a quick bread, and I don't have the recipe.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yes, how well I remember that cake! Bletch! And more of the fruit spooned over top.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #22
Assistant Cook

Well, this morning, Ryan, my sourdough started, came to life and tried to run away from home. He has been sitting on my bench top, trying to harvest and passing wild yeast, but looking very downtrodden, and this morning, when I came into the kitchen, there he was trying to get out of the bottle. Thank goodness spring has finally arrived in Australia. :-D

Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannys42 View Post
Well, this morning, Ryan, my sourdough started, came to life and tried to run away from home. He has been sitting on my bench top, trying to harvest and passing wild yeast, but looking very downtrodden, and this morning, when I came into the kitchen, there he was trying to get out of the bottle. Thank goodness spring has finally arrived in Australia. :-D
You do have to beat the little devils back and keep an eye on them. You are getting Spring and we are getting Fall. Apple and pumpkin picking time.