ISO Cornmeal Pancake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FirefighterJohn

Assistant Cook
I was watching the food channel last night. I was watching the show 'Diners, Drive-In's and Dives. They went to this one place that was making pancakes. The owner of the place said they use "corn mill" in their homemade recipe. He said it gives it more flavor.

Its something that I want to try. I have looked online for a recipe that has "corn mill" in it, but had no luck.

If someone can help me out with this by giving me a recipe that will work, that will be great.

Thanks,
-John

(i'm not sure if I in the right area posting this question)

I was watching the food channel last night. I was watching the show 'Diners, Drive-In's and Dives. They went to this one place that was making pancakes. The owner of the place said they use "corn mill" in their homemade recipe. He said it gives it more flavor.

Its something that I want to try. I have looked online for a recipe that has "corn mill" in it, but had no luck.

If someone can help me out with this by giving me a recipe that will work, that will be great.

Thanks,
-John

(i'm not sure if I in the right area posting this question)

I feel sure the word should be "meal" - cornmeal - does that help? Check this out.

Hi, John. Welcome to DC.

They used corn meal in the pancakes. You should be able to find corn meal in any supermarket.

I make corn cakes all the time. Jiffy corn muffin mix, 1 egg, milk to make the consistency desired. Heat up a skillet with a little oil. When it's HOT, pour the mixture in like pancake batter.

Wonderful stuff....

These are no mystery. In New England, panckes made with cornmeal are called "johnnycakes" and in the south they're known as "hoe cakes." You can find recipes for both with Google.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom