Wierdest Pancakes Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have a clue for Wheat Germ Pancakes? The "Le Peeps" restraunts make them and they are too wonderful for words. I'd like to make them, but I have bad luck with pancakes as it is, let alone recipes calling for heavier ingredients.

EKIM, try this simple recipe:

WHEATGERM PANCAKES
3 eggs
1/3 cup wheatgerm
2-1/2 tbsps cottage cheese
1/8 tsp vanilla
Maple Syrup or Honey

Put eggs, cheese, wheatgerm and vanilla in an electric blender and blend for 30 seconds. Heat the butter in a heavy skillet. Pour the egg mixture and cook over medium heat until browned on the bottom, turn and brown on the other side. Serve with maple syrup or honey.

thumpershere2 said:
Goodweed, I can not find my recipe right now for sweedish pancakes. Like I said, I haven't made them in a long time. I will post the recipe as soon as I locate it tho. I know there is alot more egg then regular pancakes and they are really thin. Get back to ya on this.

Maybe it's like the Norwegian pancakes a friend taught me to make? Lots of egg and butter, as thin or thinner than crepes, and crispy on the edges when done? We serve with cinnamon sugar, rolled up.

I have a friend who makes whole-grain pancakes and adds whatever he has leftover in the fridge. Chopped green onion and fresh cooked sweet corn, cut off the cob, is one of his favorite variations, but he's used things like chopped apples, mashed sweet potatoes, grated zucchini and the like.

Sometimes he puts lemon curd or assorted preserves on the pancakes. Other times, he rolls the pancake around a sausage and eats it like a little sandwich. When he uses maple syrup, he likes to buy the grade B stuff, as he prefers the flavor. I think it's darker and richer.

Thanks for that pancake recipe...this weekend i will be doing a marathon of pancake recipes i just thought of..i will try to make ranch pancakes, and also jalepeno cheddar herb pancakes...hope they taste as good as i imagine..just have to think of what sauce to serve them with..

Back
Top Bottom