Seafood and Spinach Turnovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
Very good and makes a great presentation.

Seafood and Spinach Turnovers
Puff pastry, thawed
16 large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 Sea scallops, halved 3 tb Butter
8 oz Sliced mushrooms (shiitake, porcini, morels, crimini, portabellos, oyster, etc)
1/3 c Shallots, finely chopped
1 c Whipping cream
1/2 c Dry white wine
1/2 c Chicken broth
1 1/2 tb Dijon mustard
1 ts White wine vinegar
10 oz Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 500F
1.Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; saute 5 minutes.
2.Add cream, wine and broth. Boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 10-12 minutes. Mix in mustard and vinegar, then spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cool.
3.Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry on lightly floured surface to 12" square. Cut pastry into four 6" squares.
4.Place 1/8 of spinach mixture on bottom half of 1 square. Top mixture with 2 shrimp and 2 scallop halves. Brush pastry edges with water. Fold unfilled half of pastry over filling, forming a rectangle. Press edges of pastry closed with a fork. Place pastry on large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry, spinach mixture, shrimp and scallops.
5.Bake pastries 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 375F. Bake pastries until puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.

Man, I gotta try this...

Daughter#2 will elevate me to God-Like status if this turns out like I think, even w/o the addition of waterchestnuts...

Lifter

Back
Top Bottom