Good Bye My Darling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a peaceful, beautiful, and meaning-filled place for Shrek to rest. Thank you so much for sharing such a special memory, PF.

LOL! I don't know about a peaceful rest...the creek is part of the Missouri Headwaters to the Mississippi and on into the Gulf of Mexico. I have left directions that I am to be scattered at the same place, but not in the near future.

I am also going to take the old, beat up guitar his Uncle taught him to play on (It's been a wall decoration for years) to the Memorial and it will be placed on the campfire.

I have no idea how I missed this tribute to your husband..

Having experienced the loss of my first wife 25 years ago, I have a small understanding of your pain..

Please remain strong.. He lives on through your memories of being a couple..

Ross

Thank You, Ross. Everyone tells me I am being strong, when I feel I am falling to pieces. Life may go on, but right now mine is just that little bit crippled.

It's hard getting up the energy to get up and do something when it's just me (and the cats). I had a decent weekend with my Brothers in Law on Saturday afternoon and my Sisters last night. I drove back home from Laramie today, it was a rough drive.

I appreciate your words of encouragement.

Very cool, PF, about the ashes and guitar.

I hope you know that you are in mine, and I would imagine so many of our daily thoughts. Maybe just in a passing way, but in a warm, caring esteem. It's because of your love for Shrek, and the way you are sharing this. It's is quite remarkable.

Last edited:
That will be a beautiful tribute to him, PF.
[FONT=&quot]After I picked up my wife's ashes. I drove out to Oxnard, where we went for most of the 29 anniversaries we celebrated, and rented a kayak. The people there were very helpful getting the two of us launched, and I paddled out to the marina entrance. It took about a half hour of paddling until I could get clear of the breakwater and out into the open sea. The conditions were not too bad, only a one to two foot swell, which made things easier for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I opened the bag with her ashes, and slowly poured them into the sea. I said a few prayers for her, and watched as the ashes dispersed into the water. I sat there for a while, reminiscing over the 30 years we spent together, and slowly paddled back to the landing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After changing into dry clothes, I went upstairs to the restaurant we always ate at when we came here. I felt a small pang of remembrance and guilt, as this was the first time in a while that I had no one to help up the stairs.[/FONT]

Thank you for your story SC.

I will be sending Shrek off with his musician buddies and biker pals, his kids will be there and my family. He made friends so easily, once I get the obituary sent to the newspaper, all his friends from grade school through high school will know. It will be a party, just like he wanted.

Very cool, PF, about the ashes and guitar.

I hope you know that you are in mine, and I would imagine so many of our daily thoughts. Maybe just in a passing way, but in a warm, caring esteem. It's because of your love for Shrek, and the way you are sharing this. It's is quite remarkable.

Bucky, I consider DC as much a part of my real life and all of you are my friends/family. I'm just glad I am not annoying folks with my journey through this loss. I need this outlet for my thoughts, feelings and appreciate the love and care I am getting from my DC Family.

Still thinking of you with warm and huggy thoughts, Princess. What a nice memorial you have planned, with so many friends and family who loved Shrek.

bereavement poem.jpg :heart:

Bucky, I consider DC as much a part of my real life and all of you are my friends/family. I'm just glad I am not annoying folks with my journey through this loss. I need this outlet for my thoughts, feelings and appreciate the love and care I am getting from my DC Family.
More warm thoughts and virtual hugs for you [emoji813]

Oh Princess Fiona!
I have been wrapped up in my own world and did not see that Shriek had passed.
I did not ‘know’ your Ogre, nor do I ‘know’ you, but my heart aches.
It's been just now 30 years since I lost my soon-to-be husband to a motorcycle crash.
I still cry quietly where no one, especially my husband of almost 25 years
can see me. I don’t speak of him any longer, but he’s still with me,
as I know that your love with be with you forever.
This process is one of the difficult things in life that we must endure, but we must.
I wish for you and your family and friends peace, it will come.

And many of us feel the same way about you, "sis". :heart: You've told us much about Shrek over the years. It only makes sense to share your feelings when times get tough.

. Everyone tells me I am being strong, when I feel I am falling to pieces. Life may go on, but right now mine is just that little bit crippled.

It's hard getting up the energy to get up and do something when it's just me (and the cats). I had a decent weekend with my Brothers in Law on Saturday afternoon and my Sisters last night. I drove back home from Laramie today, it was a rough drive.

I appreciate your words of encouragement.

PF, these are normal feelings. I took a 6 session Hospice based grief support group that was extremely helpful. We learned what was normal for grieving persons and could share experiences with others who were in the same stages of grieving.

Here is a link for a helpful video. It is in the upper right side of the page, with the photo of Maria Shriver.

https://hospicefoundation.org/Grief-(1)/Support-Groups

PF, I sure agree with Beth that support groups can be very helpful. When I was widowed I didn't want to go out at night, only get in my PJ's and curl up with a box of Kleenex. For that reason an online widow/er support group worked well for me.
The one that SC and I belonged to (and eventually hosted) no longer exists but there are many out there now.

Last edited:
awww, princess, I didn't know. It's good to hear you are surrounded by the love of friends and family during this hard time. My heart goes out to you. Warm hugs for you from an old friend.

Last edited:
Oh Princess, I'm so sorry to read this. (((Hugs and love)))

I guess I didn't see it sooner because I was in my own little world.

Princess I am saddened to hear of your loss. While there are no words that can possibly assuage your grief please accept the small consolation of my best wishes and hopes for you.

Thank you for your love and support. It's getting better everyday, but I still have my moments when it hits me hard. I've been working more, need to keep working as it helps keep my mind occupied and I am surrounded by my co-workers who have been fantastic.

Thanks for your report FP. I know many of us think of you daily and wonder how you're doing.
Those moments that hit you hard are likely to happen for a very long time..sometimes just out of nowhere without warning or apparent explanation at the time. Be gentle with yourself and know that the active grief will pass, but the missing never will.
I'm so glad you have your work to fill your time, and a loving place to spend your days. :flowers:

Rough day today, Shrek and I always made it a celebration on St Pat's Day with food and movies. I may just go sit in Mom's yard with the dog.

Back
Top Bottom